⚫ :batparrot: Batgirls Discussion (SPOILERS) :batparrot: 🟣

I think Babs mainly working as Oracle is fine as long as she still gets to suit up occasionally. She just did this in Nightwing for Fear State with an updated costume, so I think that’s the intention. Personally, I like to see Babs get to embrace both of her roles, so finding a balance that fits a specific story makes sense to me.

5 Likes

It has been ____ issues since the “gooparangs” returned.

4 Likes

I want to say technically 67, since Steph used them in Future’s End Batgirl, just before Batgirl #35.

4 Likes

@MiscellaneousSoup OT, but I dig your avatar of the ML Deadpool and Hit Monkey two-pack. :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Thanks.

3 Likes

Hey, thank you. :wink:

3 Likes

One day more! What are people most hoping for from the first issue? I’m hoping that Steph, Cass, and Babs all have some solid character moments that are consistent with their past series!

5 Likes

I’m hoping for that too, though I’m not 100% certain it will happen. I’m worried that the series will make Steph and especially Cass less mature, and make Babs into a no-fun fuddy-duddy with her role as sort-of caretaker. Fingers crossed I’m wrong! :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

I have a thing I do when a character who is mature in some circumstances is suddenly less mature in others - this often happens with Tim, for me. When on their own, or when they feel like they have to be “the adult” of a group, a character (or real person) will often try to live up to expectations, but when someone else takes charge, they often feel like they can be freer, don’t have the weight of the world on their shoulders anymore, and thus can be goofier.

But we’ll see!

4 Likes

I’ve been waiting for this for years. I love the dynamic between the Robin brothers and the Batgirls respectively.

5 Likes

Honestly, I just want to see Cass kick figurative and literal ass as Batgirl. She’s been my favorite BG since 2000, so as long as she kicks butt in a way I’m happy with, everything else in this series will be gravy.

Oh, and for my comic store to not sell out of the variant I want before I get there. That’d be pretty cool, too. :wink:

3 Likes

Welcome to the community, new friend! Glad to hear you’re into to the whole Batgirls concept - it’s really interesting and I’m so happy we finally have something like this :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Which variant are you gunning for? And do you have a pull box or a store which is willing to set copies aside?

3 Likes

just read issue ones digital release (thank you amazon for releasing it at 11 PM CST.) O-o…crazy as the F*&%*&^ Joker ride.

(Beware the new hero Bag Head Ninja girl)

I love Cassandra’s Kagrumi robe :grin: not my style but so fits her.

I have sensed these somewhere before, something familiar…(goes to confront my former teacher)…ahhh :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:DC superhero girls.
Batgirl_SBFF_001

… we need some form of robins hiding out to get…nm Damian and Jason would end up going all Highlander on the other Robins as there can be only one in their eyes.

5 Likes

But did you like it? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

no…I loved it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

PS: I love that Babs seems useless in the morning without her coffee.

Side discussion who do you want to show up as part of the cast?
Me I would not mind Seeing Betty Kane return, and perhaps Helena Bertinelli (she was batgirl for a very short time in no man’s land) however, given the next issue of Catwoman is titled goodbye alleytown I would love to see Lian Harper/Shoes join the cast as Cheshire Cat…(or a mini-series of her and Cheshire/Jade) with Selina or perhaps Selina and Bruce perhaps renting the apartment below or near them having the BatCat live together again. as well this happened to Bruce’s brownstone in detective comics 1040.

perhaps this mysterious woman will join them

3 Likes

So glad! I really, really liked it. Really hope that it builds up the fanbase for Steph, Cass, and Babs!

5 Likes

I really, really disliked the Urban Legends story, so that leaves a huge bad taste in my mouth about using Ryan from the Batwoman tv show. But maybe the writers will be better than that creative team. They’ve hinted strongly that they will feature Bette at some point - I hope so, she’s been missing for a while! Helena would be pretty cool - though she’s going to be in Shadow of the Bat a lot.

I personally hope we see Nell again, from Steph’s Batgirl run. And Brenda, from Cass’s, would also be quite fun!

4 Likes

well the events of shadow of the bat seem like they will cross into batgirl, Nightwing and the rest of the Gotham books as we see Cassandra and Steph in the promotional artwork. baring the main batman title as that will be covering the abyss storyline. its going to be a 2 month run in the books so its going to be part of the run of batgirls.
ya i can agree a bit on the batwoman thing however i do not think she would be a batwoman in it. i also feel blue bird/harper row will show. i would love for betty to show up too.

however i would love it if lady shiva showed up dressed in a black or red version of this:

Because i feel Cassandra gets her fashion sense from her mother. and it would just be an amazingly OOC and funny moment to have.

3 Likes