⚫ :batparrot: Batgirls Discussion (SPOILERS) :batparrot: 🟣

I very much hope so! I bought the DC Multiverse line Steph, and the Heroclix Steph and Cass, as soon as I knew they were available! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The Mattel Multiverse Steph was sweeet.

SN: The world needs merchandise of Steph as Robin (beyond the HeroClix figure).

3 Likes

Yeah, baby! I have the Steph Spoiler, Robin, and Batgirl Heroclix, but I’d really love an Imaginext, Multiverse, or above all, a great MacFarlane figure! A set of Batgirls of all three of them (maybe also Bette!) would be something awesome to have sitting on the desk while reading the new issues!

2 Likes

To be honest I am really looking forward to Cass and Steph having their own series together. Though I think Batgirl & Robin would have been a better title with Steph donning the Robin costume again.

2 Likes

I would love to see Steph as Robin again, but I don’t think there’s really room, given Tim and Damian’s current confusion (though obviously Damian is the main Robin for marketing, DC refuses to clear up what Tim is doing…even though Red Robin was fine, they muddied the waters…)
I would worry a bit that Steph would be seen as “the sidekick” if she were Robin to Cass’s Batgirl - though I am pretty sure Conrad and Cloonan are going to address the confusion of having two Batgirls soon!

Meanwhile, Steph’s time as Robin is being re-examined by Tim Seeley in the Robins miniseries, which I am enjoying. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think the Robin pool needs to be more confusing. I really don’t know why DC didn’t just let Tim stay Red Robin. I actually liked his new52 costume. I also agree that the Robin role is generally a junior partner type role. This is even shown by Tim’s recent name shenanigans. He’s been drawn smaller/younger looking in a lot of stories now that he’s going by Robin again.

As for name sharing, I think the Batgirls would just go by Oracle, Spoiler, and Black Bat/Orphan if they really need to clarify a communication direction.

2 Likes

Well, I think that Conrad and Cloonan are going to address the multiple codenames situation soon in Batgirls. One of the reasons they should put Tim in an ongoing so they can do the same thing for him!

3 Likes

Still waiting on all of my BGs #1 variants to arrive (got five of 'em in so far), and then after that I’ll post my takes on the book. :smiley:

3 Likes

I just read Issue 1 and I have to say I am not sure. I like that Steph and Cass are together and have their own series. But I am not certain I like them having Barbra along or the fact that they seem to have aged backwards. Weren’t Cassie and Steph college age? Now they seem to be early to mid teens. I had expected them to be dealing mainly with street level crime. But it seems they will be dealing with the sort of freaky scifi villainy that Batman handles. I will continue to read, but I do hope the story and art improves.

1 Like

5 Likes

I personally like Babs in the series, either as Oracle mentoring them, or as a third Batgirl. As for the ages - Steph has been 17 since the n52 brought her back, and Cass was roughly 16. They lost many years in the reboot, and though their memories are back, I don’t think the actual years are.

5 Likes

Did you snag the snazzy Babs Tarr variant (seen in the OP for any who are curious as to what it looks like)?

Batgirl talking about a comic starring 3 Batgirls should be quite the opinion piece to read. :nerd_face:

1 Like

My Babs Tarr preorder is stuck in limbo right now - very much hoping for it in the next week! At least that’s what TFAW said!

3 Likes

Steph was actually in college pre52, and Cassandra–well, she intro’d at 17, and a few years of time did pass in comics-realm (a year to prepare for her fight with Shiva, a year when Bruce, Dick, and Tim were on vacation, etc.), so she would be at or near drinking age, at least. The reboot de-aged them (Steph to high school, Cass to 15), but, it was my understanding their ages had been restored with their histories.

This is the problem with implying instead of taking the time to work out the details. Or maybe they’ll “get to it eventually” or something.

2 Likes

Update - my TFAW order seems to have been processed, so hopefully my last three copies of #1 will be arriving in a week or so! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Preview for issue #2, coming this week! Very excited! I think they’re going to address the issue of two girls with the same codename in the field!

4 Likes

Issue #2 is out digitally! Any readers yet? (I’m super early, I know)

4 Likes

I was just wondering the same thing!

I haven’t read the ish yet, but it’s definitely in the “To-Read” stack.

3 Likes

I still enjoyed it, but I do hope they progress beyond Babs having helicopter mom tendencies. I prefer big sister vibes. With all the cute Haley covers, Cass and Steph have to puppy sit at some point!

2 Likes

Based on the interviews, I think she will. But we shall see! A puppy sitting issue would be fun, though I hope it’s not too common - I want Steph and Cass and Babs to have real threats that they defeat as well as some cute shenanigans.

3 Likes