Batgirls Appreciation Post

:purple_heart:

2 Likes

Don’t make me choose - I don’t have the strength to pick out one or even a select few!

2 Likes

I’m not running a poll! Just sharing some of my favorites and hoping peeps will post some more!

1 Like

Pretty sure the last one is a fan art, but still a cool pic.

1 Like

My issue #1 variants are some of my most fave:

4 Likes

Batgirls #11 and #12 are two of my favorite variants of the entire series.

And while it’s older, Batgirl #33 is one of my favorites variant and a highlight of my variant collection.

3 Likes

Those are so beautiful! I only have the Babs Tarr and Josh Middleton really special variants, but I did buy the trade so I have a few more! The Alex Garner and Dan Mora ones are especially beautiful!

Audrey Mok is great! But that Paulina Ganucheau cover hits me so hard, because it’s a tribute to the original appearance of Spoiler in Tec 648, since Paulina was a student to Tom Lyle (RIP). Really great piece in my collection!

1 Like

Thank you! I :purple_heart: them sooo much. :smiley:

2 Likes

I thought the series kept getting better and better. It was often a little too pre-teen for me, though. I hope they give them some more love. Both Cass’ and Stephanie’s run as Batgirl are some of my all-time favorite series. I love Barbara as Oracle, and I am hoping they bring her back as strong as she was on the Birds of Prey. I think my favorite issue of this whole run was when Cass was looking for Stephanie…no dialogue, but it was still great, and moving at the end.

6 Likes

More fave BGs covers:

Dan Mora

Dan Mora

Rian Gonzales

BG BG BG! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :purple_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart: :00_batgirl1: :0_batgirl: :birds_of_prey_club_oracle: :00_birds_of_prey:

7 Likes

Could the argument may be made that Gail’s work is great BUT Batgirl is not her best?

1 Like

That’s what I really liked about Simone’s run as well. Barbara’s situation and the effort she made were great; however, I had an issue with a lot of the general moodiness and drama of the new52 Batbooks. For example, the fight (like kicking/punching) with Dick early on felt so forced and stupid. On the flip side, there were too many times during the Burnside era where Babs just felt a bit shallow/surface level - like she’d comment on something not being right then do nothing about it. Moody is usually better for me to read.

1 Like

I want that Rian Gonzoles cover!!! It was like $50 last I checked though…

1 Like

I lucked out at the Oakland LCS and got it at $24.99. :smiley: :+1: :00_batgirl1: Gizmo goddess BG hacking Fido-5. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

BabsMultiTool

2 Likes

That’s certainly my perspective. I still think Simone really wished she was writing Secret Six instead of Batgirl, as the villains seem like they have all the energy and agency in the run, and Babs spends most of the time being reactive.

That’s why I bought the trades, even though I already have all the singles! Getting those variants is financially much sounder! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am finally all caught up on Batgirls (at least what’s available on the app). Now I’m sad that there’s only a few issues left.

3 Likes

Do you want to eat ice cream and beat uo bad guys to process your grief?

2 Likes

Sounds like a plan! I also want a robot dog. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

What did you think of Batgirls #14 and 15? I think #14 is a For All Time issue - a real masterpiece for Cass, and even some great Steph stuff in there in the letter! I think #15 isn’t quite at that level, but it goes really hard, and I appreciate that.

3 Likes

Barbara Gordon will always be my favorite and only Batgirl.

1 Like