Batgirl Movie Canceled

I heard it did terrible at test screenings. I think Warner Discovery is just trying to protect the reputation of its brand by scrapping a terrible movie. :person_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

Well, to me shelving a “direct to streaming” project after it’s been completed is still unwise. It’s simply a waste.

9 Likes

I didn’t say it made sense; I’m simply stating the confirmed reasons for the decision.

4 Likes

This is weird. You never see a big film studio throw $90 million down the drain like this. The only thing that could justify it is if the movie was SO bad that they thought it would damage the franchise moving forward. If it really was that bad then I would have to applaud the decision. In the past, Warner would’ve just released the terrible movie to make something back on it. However, if it was even a little enjoyable
 then this is really puzzling.

We may never get to see how bad Batgirl is or isn’t. I guess all we’ll have to go buy is the quality of their DC films moving forward. Still pretty gutted for Babs

8 Likes

The quality of the film did not factor into this decision, which was made as a cost-cutting measure and as part of a pivot away from the Streaming-inclusive gameplan implemented by Warner Bros. former ownership.

5 Likes

The screenings were majority positive. Healthy social media buzz afterward, even among the non-fandom demos.

16 Likes

They the ones who won the Power Ball lottery to just write off 90 mil no sweat!?

#FreeBatgirl

12 Likes

Hey, at least the game looks good.

9 Likes

IKR?

8 Likes

9 Likes

That’s what so frustrating about all this. I remember the reports of positive reactions to the movie. We could be missing something really good. And about one of our favorite characters.

As to any reports it is low in quality, well, that seems to have started with the NY Post, not the most reliable source IMHO (don’t get me started about tabloids
)

8 Likes

Thanks for the correction. :pray:

I’m just glad we’re getting Batgirl in some form of medium.
29ffdce5750866b1a171ee2bcb70b268

8 Likes

:smiley: :+1:

Same.

6 Likes

Sigh
 with DC movies it seems it’s always one step forward, 5 steps back.

9 Likes

Honestly at this point I am only concerned about Titans and The Doom Patrol, Which I assume both of their Season 4’s will be their last
 IF THEY AREN’T SCRAPPED.

Now as of right now, I think this movie was just caught in the crossfire of the Ezra Miller Flash Drama.

9 Likes

I really feel bad for @DC89 and all the Batgirl fans, I was really looking forward to see this movie as much as they do.:frowning:

10 Likes

I’m disappointed because it sounded awesome anyway
but gosh, my heart is just breaking for Leslie Grace. She was so excited and proud about this and I really wanted to see her portrayal of Batgirl. :pensive:

11 Likes

Disney/Marvel exec suite after reading the news just sittin’ in their south of West Alameda ave offices like

11 Likes

Thank you for that @Reaganfan78. :hugs:

9 Likes

If I bought a PS5, then thew it in the trash to save money
I don’t think anyone would view that and go “Smart move”.

If they didn’t think the quality was up to standards- spend more.

13 Likes