Batgirl Casting Shortlist!

Agreed! :00_supergirl: :00_batgirl1:

8 Likes

Just heard the casting sounds awesomeā„¢:00_batgirl1:

7 Likes

Iā€™m curious as to why its a HBO Max movie and not a theatrical release. Maybe if its a hit will get a Batgirl TV series? I hope so!

4 Likes

I thought the HBO Max Gotham based projects were announced as tie ins to The Batman. My assumption is that these two will be related.

7 Likes

I think it is great that they cast a Latina in the role! If I recall, Miss Grace is Dominican.

5 Likes

I was hoping for Isabela Merced myself, but yeah, Leslie Grace was great on In The Heights so itā€™s not a loss. Hispanic Supergirl, Hispanic Batgirl, as a Hispanic myself me likey, LOL. Dumb, I know.

5 Likes

Iā€™m not a fan of this casting

4 Likes

Casting Leslie Grace makes sense from a cost standpoint as Batgirl being an HBO Max film would lead it to have a smaller budget compread to a blockbuster.

2 Likes

Their looking to cast a different Jim Gordon.

2 Likes

Looks like thereā€™s an update on that. Weā€™ll see if negotiations go through but it is J.K. Simmons so they ā€˜shouldā€™ make it work. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

So yet again they decide to use a POC instead of actually casting a ā€œgingerā€! Barbara Gordon has ALWAYS been portrayed as having red hair!

1 Like

Not sure why being a POC is a distinguishing aspect to this ā€œginger-genocideā€ concept when DC has cast Caucasian actors to portray ā€œBarbaraā€ in the past and future who arenā€™t POC and arenā€™t ā€œgingerā€.

In the past Alicia Silverstone played Batgirl/ā€œBarbaraā€

In the very near future Savannah Welch is playing ā€œBarbara Gordonā€

If we want to keep it consistent with the concept of ā€œā€¦actually casting a ā€˜gingerā€™ !ā€ letā€™s take a look at the voice actors:

Batgirl V4

I personally recommend taking a peak at ā€œIā€™m Batman voice panelā€. Shown during DC Fandome it was a walkthrough and celebration of all these actors of varying backgrounds to have portrayed Batman. Acting is Acting whether Live-Action or Voice-Acting so hopefully more of the world will be accepting of Live-Action people with different backgrounds + ethnicities portraying characters whether be Batman, Batgirl, etc. Just my 2 cents.

3 Likes

Yvonne Craig, the first actress who played Barbara, wasnā€™t a redhead either. She was brunette. She had her natural brunette hair as Barbara and wore a ginger wig as Batgirl!

2 Likes

Wow :exploding_head: The more yaā€™ know!
All this time Iā€™ve only seen her image as Batgirl I assumed she was red-head naturally lol

Even when thinking of some famous red-heads in Hollywood like Emma Stone or Amy Adams I realized they arenā€™t natural red-heads lol

2 Likes