Batgirl Casting Shortlist!

Have you all seen the exciting news?! What are your thoughts?

7 Likes

I think Zoey Deutch could make a really good Barbara. She would be my pick out of the names listed.

5 Likes

Based solely on the headshots Deadline presented, Zoey Deutch comes closest to how I would picture Babs.

5 Likes

Paging @DC89, this thread is definitely for you boo. :bat:

6 Likes

Thx GirlBat. :smiley: :purple_heart: :bat: Was reading about this earlier and even tho my girl Lili Reinhart didnā€™t make the cut Iā€™m impressed with these casting calls so far, especially with Zoey Deutch and Isabela Merced. Deutch is solid in the 2017 introspective mystery vehicle Before I Fall, and Merced has put in a memorable action performance with Dora And The Lost City Of Gold and she stood out in Transformers: The Last Knight as well. If I was casting this film Iā€™d def be setting up some screen testing time for these two. Yep. :+1: :00_batgirl:

Hereā€™s Deutch from Before I Fall

Thx for posting this @mccaggers91. :smiley: :+1: :00_batgirl: @c02goddess.16092- where yaā€™ at! :smiley: Excellent @xLOVEandDoomPatrolx- thoughts on these casting choices?

8 Likes

Very intriguing choices indeed @DC89. Both have given portrayals on film that lend well to aspects of Barbara that I hope make it onto the big screen. Mmmm, this is a tough call. More screen tests for both for sure!

I just saw the trailer to Sweet Girl a little while ago and Isabela Mercedā€™s range looks impressive in an action/drama, from what little was shown. Looking forward to checking that out and imagining a year one Batgirl.

7 Likes

The only actress Iā€™m familiar with is Leslie Grace who I thought was fabulous in In the Heights. Iā€™m just excited to see some movement on the Batgirl movie!

6 Likes

I donā€™t know. None of the names being thrown out really scream, ā€œBarbara Gordonā€ to me. That having been said, I am happy progress is being made on Batgirl and I will reserve judgment on the casting until I see the movie! I learned my lesson with Batman 1989.

5 Likes

This is exciting

4 Likes

Agreed on both points @mccaggers91. :+1:

7 Likes

Wow. I am surprised they chose a caucasian actor to portray her.

3 Likes

Leslie Grace is Afro-Latina

5 Likes

That was quick!

9 Likes

Oooh- I dig this! Iā€™m thinkinā€™ that Graceā€™s casting allows her BG to be connected to The Batman filmā€™s universe. :+1:

648ff5af7acc04d80c10f6ea094db54d72a86e66 (1)

9 Likes

Itā€™ll be interesting to see where this projectā€™s placed.

My guesses:

Jeffrey Wright version daughter.

J. K. Simmonsā€™s version is married to a woman who is Afro-Latina and sheā€™s his daughter or step-daughter. I didnā€™t watch either version of Justice League so if his wifeā€™s Caucasian too my bad.

Maybe she could be an adopted daughter as well to whatever version of Gordan. Like Jim Gordan meets her later into his career on a case where her parents were killed and she reminds him of Young Bruce at his parents murder except Barbara without having an Alfred figure to take care of her Gordon decides to take her in.

WHO KNOWS!?!?! But looking forward to it either way. :clap: :clap:

6 Likes

No mention of her (yet) in the ensemble for The Batmanā€¦

ā€¦ but that doesnā€™t mean that there canā€™t be a photo of Grace/BG on Jimboā€™s desk! :wink: :smiley:

Get to know Grace here a 'lil bit at her YouTube channel-

6 Likes

We never saw or heard who JKā€™s Gordon was married to, if heā€™s even married, in either version. As much as Iā€™m not looking forward to seeing the toxic fans complain about Babsā€™ race being changed, there are definitely plenty of ways for this to work. Hopefully this attempt at a BG movie sticks unlike the last time. Assuming it does, Iā€™ll be looking forward to seeing what Grace brings to the role! :00_batgirl1:

5 Likes
6 Likes

Wright and Grace have similar bone structure around the eyes- Iā€™d def find their pairing as father and daughter Gordons believable and seamless. Yep. :+1:

download (1)

8 Likes

As Grace points out in her vid, both Supergirl and Batgirl are now Latina women! That would be a very cool and squee-worthy Worldā€™s Finest! :hugs:

9 Likes