Barry Allen The Super Villain?

Well to be fair didn’t the characters he wiped out only exist because he changed time to begin with? So really they never should have existed and he changed things to the wya they were supposed to be.

We all know how tricky changing time can be and you probably can’t have people from both timelines exist without there being major consequences. So it’s either undo what you did and get rid of people who should have never existed or save the people that now exist thanks to the new timeline and deal with even more problems.

I think the people he wiped out can also be extended to the people who were part of Post-Crisis continuity that got erased by the New 52, example: Wally West (for a time), the entire JSA, and others.

That’s my thinking too. Anything to do with original Wally West was erased (Wally, Linda, their children). Most of Young Justice, the JSA. I know there are more, plus characters whose identities/origins were altered.

1 Like

You can’t trust anyone that funks with time travel.

2 Likes

Not all fiction is created by committee. Lots of characters are created and maintained by individual writers. Marvel and DC characters are not.

Yeah I guess that was it. I finished Arrow but still behind on Flash. Got tired of it after a few episodes of season 6.

They actually had a Flash story towards the end of the New 52 when basically that same thing did happen, except it was a future Barry from an alternate timeline that trapped the present day Barry in the past and came to take his place in the present with a new electric blue suit and a brutal new brand of justice, making sure to prevent crimes that hadn’t happened yet at any cost. So he didn’t split into a good and bad version of himself, but a version of Barry that went off the rails did exist.

1 Like

Ah, yes. I remember that now, @El.Barto316. I read it as it came out.

To be honest, The Flash at that time was a book that I felt had lost some of its energy, hence my temporary forgetfulness of that story.

I think I’ll search that story out and give it a re-read.

Barry more often silver or current has typically had the best of moral intentions. Often times been exposed for being Misguided but never anything leaning towards Villainy. But yes like in Arrow where his Actions were at least CALLED OUT. I would’ve liked to have seen some Ramifications to his actions addressed in some fashion

1 Like

To be fair probably two thirds of Joshua Williamson’s flash has been Iris, Wally, or Wallace yelling at Barry about how he shouldnt have done flashpoint. Also, by the end of the flashpoint miniseries, Evil Wonder Womand and Aquaman’s war had wiped out pretty much everyone on earth so there wasn’t anyone really left alive by the time Barry reset the timeline a second time. As for no one else giving him the crap about I, the only person in the hero community he actually told was Batman. Also the dude had to let his mom die and dad languish in prison, those seem like kinda sucky consequences.

True. I do hear all of that