Barbara Gordon

Repeating a few other opinions. I’m glad they did b/c of the avenues it opened with the transformation into Oracle. Oracle & the BOP etc. Plus, I like it when they take a dark risk just to break up the monotony. Finally, she came back as Batgirl & that’s inspirational. When Grayson takes her “Oracle” on the trapeze, it was one of the most heartfelt moments ever. That never happens if she just stays completely healthy Batgirl forever.

3 Likes

:heart:@dago-mage, I couldn’t agree more! I just recently read that issue (Birds of Prey #8) for the first time and had to add a physical copy to my collection. It’s about as likely as finding a Turbo Man at Christmas, but I scored a mint condition issue and it’s arriving next week. It is an excellent story and I absolutely love it!

2 Likes

That’s awesome congrats. It’s such a great moment in comics. I love that u went & added a physical copy after reading it, that’s inspiration.

1 Like

Thank you so much, @dago-mage!

2 Likes

@KeyFamily you’re absolutely welcome. I just recently reread that issue myself. I forget what reading order I was involved in but it included that issue. I pulled a Harley Quinn & did an Italian chef hand kiss lol.

1 Like

I LOLed so hard at this, @dago-mage! :joy:

2 Likes

Ok, let’s keep this on topic.:slightly_smiling_face: I think this has to be one of the best thread I’ve ever made, most people disagree with me and a few agree, and I really respect that. I wasn’t trying to put DC, comic writers or anyone down, I was just expressing how I felt about Killing Joke.
Having Barbara as Oracle was the best thing ever, I like how she’s like Ironside (See my other thread on that), Smart, work behind the scene. Thankyou so much everybody for your comments and votes. Now when will DC release the movie and comic of it?

2 Likes

Dc retconned her to be batgirl again anyway, basically saying ‘We realize that the killing joke was not canon, and she shouldn’t be paralyzed in the main universe, so let’s let her walk again.’

1 Like

It was more like “Babs was the Batgirl we grew up with, so let’s take a massive step backward in her characterization and severely downgrade Cass and Steph’s status.” Because iconic.

3 Likes

You’re scary right about everything u said. The one point that I can get behind the most & always have, is the monotony risk factor of a character. Jason Todd, Supes is dead etc. The amount of quality material that exists simply because these events happened, far outweigh the quantity of what would’ve been the same old scene. Supes is fine again. Redhood became more popular then he was previously, & Oracle speaks for itself. Oracle & the BOP alone was a genius rebranding. Plus, we got 52 Babs Batgirl & Batgirl of Burnside. Not saying do this to every character. However, it seems to me they know exactly what their doing & who to choose when they do it. All of those characters either advanced or are back to normal now.

1 Like