Bad Comic Book Anatomy

Her poor spine

6 Likes

Hey, it’s our good buddy Rob Liefeld!

It looks normal at first, but the longer you look at it, the more baffling it becomes.

8 Likes

Comic books are probably not being used in anatomy classes.

7 Likes

I remember seeing this very image some years ago, and always remembering how odd it looked. Like the left side of her torso would have to rip open in order for that pose to work.

I usually don’t get too out of sorts when some characters are in odd poses or, depending on the art style, peculiar proportions. But sometimes they become so glaring they can’t be overlooked.

6 Likes

is it as bad as Riddler Question Mark Spine though?

11 Likes

:flushed: Ouch! LOL!

6 Likes

8 Likes

Same energy:

8 Likes

I love legs as much as the next guy but that’s a bit too much for me lol.

7 Likes

Pointed it out when I reviewed it several years back, but sheesh, Fairchild’s waist!

I’ll admit, I’m a bit shallow, I like a bit of an hourglass figure in my fictional lady-folk, sure, but there has to be enough room for the sand to pass through!
The other ladies on the cover don’t fare much better, but since some are obscured, one could just use their imagination and pretend they have actual organs in that general area.
(Hey, kinda like what DC decided with their continuity! ZING!)

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Who can get this big? Who? But thats one of the great things about comics over live action. You dont have to worry about possiblity. You just do it if it works.

8 Likes

Love this terminology :rofl:

His poor shoulder!

9 Likes

Kelley Jones’ Batman is…interesting in its anatomy.

To say nothing of how he drives the Batmobile while having cowl ears that long.

Does he hunch down to fit those in?

Yoink his cowl off while driving, then quickly pop it back on, should a quick exit from the Batmobile necessitate itself?

“Gotham must know!”

4 Likes

I always envision them as flexible. So he just has them bunched up against the roof. Looks ridiculous in my head.

3 Likes

Batman pulls into the Batcave and powers down the Batmobile. As he exits the car, Alfred notices the smooshed and bent-up ears of his cowl.

Alfred: “Did we not properly take the length of our ears into consideration when designing our new, ripped abs, extra-long ears look, Master Bruce?”

Bruce mutters “Yeah, yeah, yeah.” as he heads to the suit locker to change.

2 Likes

AHHHHHHHHHHHhhhh

2 Likes

Lol this is EXACTLY what I imagine

4 Likes

my eyessssssssssss

6 Likes

INVISIBLE KID
A.K.A. Jacques Foccart
Homeworld: Earth
Abilities: Invisibility, left hand on right arm

7 Likes