Back In Blue

I have wanted the oval back for awhile and I think the blue and grey is the only way way the trunks work, and that’s just nostalgia.
It doesn’t excite me enough to start reading Batman again but it is nice to see.

10 Likes

Looks great!

2 Likes

Clark and I should always wear underwear on the outside. It scares our enemies.

3 Likes

I will concede that it’s a frightening fashion choice.

3 Likes

I love this look for Batman. It may not be realistically the wisest color scheme for blending into the shadows but with the right artist, you can forget that it shouldn’t work and instead just marvel at how well it does work!

3 Likes

The oval is crucial for defense. It makes an armored bull’s eye.

4 Likes

That too! I really missed the oval! I was thrilled when they brought it back after Bruce’s “death” and return, but it was a big letdown when they ditched it for the Ew52

2 Likes

Woah! Its been awhile! A pleasant return to the colors! Is that Jimenez art? I have to remember Detective # 1041! I see nods to Mcfarlane, Lee, Aparo, Breyfogle here!

2 Likes

The artist in Detective is Dan Mora and that is who revealed the page on Twitter. If the costume isn’t just a story point for this arc and sticks around it will be nice to see Jimenez draw it in Batman. And maybe an action figure or two.

5 Likes

This is what I was wondering. Does Detective currently take place before, during, or after the events in Batman? Hopefully there’s some synergy between the two books. Would like this to stick for a while.

3 Likes

I’m old enough to remember when the Bat-books had a fairly extended letter column debate over whether the suit should be blue or black.

2 Likes

I had such intense nostalgia when Tynion and March gave us a flashback with the oval in Ghost Stories, and seeing it again makes me want it for a couple years.

4 Likes

Love the oval and the trunks!

The Batman’89 look doesn’t work for me.

5 Likes

Hmm…I dig the oval symbol, definitely, cool to see that come back.

The blue? Eh…I’m not feeling it so much. Like, it can work as a highlight color, I guess. I loved how the Rebirth costume gave Batman a blue/purple inner cape, which was dope.

And the underwear is just…look, just because it’s tradition doesn’t mean it’s good. I think it made sense in it’s time and it has a purpose in breaking up the color, but there are WAY better ways of doing that.

5 Likes

Gotta say, the Adam West costume in black is all kinds of badass.

4 Likes