Back Bin Finds

I am sure there are comic collectors here who scour the back bins in your local comic shops. Please use this to share your awesome finds.

I picked up this little gem today, really how could I not get a Superman and House of Mystery crossover?

While this is not DC, I am really excited about finding this in the wild. In the 70s Archie Comics tried to rebrand the Archie Madhouse series into a full-blown horror comic. This lasted for 3 issues before returning to Archie.

Now that Future State is almost over, I plan on spending more time and money in the back bins at my LCS.

15 Likes

One of the things I’m planning on filling out in my collection when done cataloging is all the DC Comics Presents issues. Always loved that book. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I plan on getting more of them. One of the comic shops near me is going to have a sale next weekend for $0.50 on the dollar bin if you buy $50 worth of comics.

6 Likes

That would seriously inflate my collection numbers!

6 Likes

That is sort of my goal!!! That and I want to fill in some books for my non-DC collection.

6 Likes

Anything in particular you’re looking for? (Besides some Archie stuff)

5 Likes

X-Men Legacy. Outside of that, I want to work on some other X family books.

5 Likes

I picked up this beater reader for $2!

7 Likes

Time for a big haul! I also picked up 3 or 4 Archie books but you will see a theme for my main focus today.

Some books that perhaps people in #house-of-horror-club can appreciate:

13 Likes

That is a great haul!

5 Likes

Thank you! I need to fill in the gaps of Huntress and Black Canary but I think I got a good start.

5 Likes

Most definitely! I don’t have that Huntress series from the 80’s, but I do have all that Black Canary stuff. It’s been a while since reading it, but it was pretty underrated.

4 Likes

Agreed! The Huntress stuff is on here and I have read the first story arc, saving the rest for a rainy day.

My brother picked up the first 2 volumes of the Kevin Smith Green Arrow book and I am sort of peanut butter and jelly of those. I just started Green Arrow Quiver and have been loving it.

4 Likes

He did a great job on GA! I liked his Daredevil stuff too, but wasn’t really as impressed with his Batman mini series. But they can’t all be good. :wink:

5 Likes

I was at an arcade a couple days ago. For 600 redeemed tickets you can get a comic bundle. I got a Superman triangle era by Roger Stern, New 52 by Grant Morrison, and a Warlord and Bishop Comic from Marvel. Pretty nice surprise.

4 Likes

My Huntress collection grows as I get closer to having the complete series!!!

Of course, I had to pick up something #horror related and what better way than to completely blind buy a Claremont JLA miniseries?

8 Likes

Back issue bins are what mostly gets me into a comic store these days (along with variants of books I buy digitally). I’m looking for books from a few yet to be digitally available titles, so if I find any soon, I’ll post 'em here.

@D4RK5TARZ Great finds! Especially JLA: Scary Monsters. Are those Art Adams covers? I might just have to be on the lookout for that mini.

5 Likes

They are Art Adams covers! If you can find them I imagine they will be pretty cheap. I paid $2.50 per book which is the cover price. I was actually looking for those classified books that feature Black Canary.

4 Likes

While this isn’t from the numerous long boxes at one of my many LCS I did find these really cheap on Amazon. We have read some of these in #house-of-horror-club but I can’t wait to dive into these phone book-sized collections. For those of you who haven’t looked inside of a Showcase Presents book, there is no color and the paper is newsprint. I love seeing how defined the inking is in these books and that alone makes them worth it to me, not to mention the huge page number count.

5 Likes

Nice finds!

I loved the Showcase Presents line. Those books were a nice way to get older, more expensive comics in a very affordable manner.

5 Likes