Awesome Images

Didn’t know it was him on that book. May have to check it out. Loved his work on The Green Lantern.

3 Likes

Can’t go wrong with Magma Whales

7 Likes

It’s a good read. I waited patiently until all issues were in to read it all at once. Got to number 5 & I was like c’mon number 6 I’m ready.

3 Likes

I loved simply looking at these books. So beautiful. This was art that I fell so instantly in love with, I was showing to all my non comic book nerd friends

5 Likes

A few swell variant covers of books in stores this week:

Justice League #40, by Art Adams:

Justice League Odyssey #18, by Skan:

Young Justice #13, by the one and only Mike Grell:

Also new this week, Tony Daniel’s latest piece of badass Batman cover art:

8 Likes

Falling in love with Tony Daniel’s art in this run. Feel like he “gets” Batman they way Reis does Superman.

3 Likes

Well, he’s only done interiors for one issue of Tynion’s run so far, but it sure was pretty.

I think there needs to be more spotlight on Daniel’s run of Batman where he wrote and pencilled the book. That was a very, very good run.

4 Likes

I think I may have posted textless versions of some of those covers a while back from solicits. Just scroll up if interested :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

If so, then they were so nice they deserve to be seen twice. :wink:

3 Likes

Which run was that Vroom?

2 Likes

Agreed!

2 Likes

Daniel’s run as writer and penciller of Batman started at #692, and goes up to #700.

After that, he does the art on issues 701 and 702 (with Grant Morrison on werdz), then resumes both duties from #704 to 707. He finishes up his writing gig with issues 710-712, while Steve Scott takes over the interior art chores.

3 Likes

Thanks for the usual encyclopedic knowledge @Vroom. The 700s were before my time reading the title. Gonna check it out.

2 Likes

You’re welcome. That run was during Dick’s time under the cowl, and when Batman Incorporated was introduced. A very good time for the Batman line.

3 Likes

Even if you start typing before you hit Reply, you can finish typing the entire post, then hit reply and it’ll save all your text. I can confirm because I just tried it with this post lol.

3 Likes

Nice. Thank u. I do it all the time so that will help big time. Appreciate it. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

6 Likes

Love Manapul’s work.

1 Like

The DC Trinity by Jason Fabok

5 Likes

Jaina Hudson White Rabbit. Barely seen yet one of my faves. Also like the version in Steel but this is my favorite depiction.

7 Likes