ATTN WRITERS: Who Would Be Your Ideal Character To Write For?

I’d like a chance to write for literally any of Batman’s villains. Ideally Scarecrow or the Mad Hatter since they’re my personal favorites, but I’d do any of them.

7 Likes

If I had the chance to write a comic for DC, I think I would give a crack at Batgirl because I feel she hasn’t had a amazing run in a while. I would say Gail Simon’s run was the last memorable run for me when it comes to her. However, I would also really like to write a Batman story as I have a feeling I would nail the character down to a T.

If I could do a TV show, I have always had a idea for a Animal Man tv show based off of Grant Morrison’s stuff. The Looney Toon “Duck Amuck” served as a big inspiration for it and if done right, it could be mind blowing. It would have to be animated to do some of the crazy stuff that happens in that book, but I think it could totally work in a mini-series format.

For a film, I would either adapt Neil Gaiman’s Black Orchid or Kingdom Come. With Black Orchid, it could be more artistic and less restrictive because she’s a obscure character and you can really play with the origin and make it really messed up. With Kingdom Come, It would be more nostalgic as I would try and cast those who were involved with the Zack Snyder-Verse as important characters. If Henry Cavil can’t be Supes no more, why not play Magog.

6 Likes

HBO Max has some

4 Likes

They are

4 Likes

Of the Showcase Shorts? Or just the animated movies? I’ve seen the movies on there.

4 Likes

All the Showcase Shorts currently out, they are complitled into a movie.

4 Likes

Ongoing comic series: JSA definitely

Animated movie or series: I’d love to see an Infinity Inc series actually set in the 80s, just think of all the fun 80s music and nostalgia that could be thrown in.

(I just get a little bored of reboots and only the same handful of characters ever getting any screen time)

4 Likes

If I were writing for one or more of the A-list characters, I would certainly want to be writing them in an out-of-continuity series. I like the idea that @KingOfTheWickerPeople had about building off of the Fleischer Studios shorts, as that would give the writer an opportunity to write Golden Age-esque stories without necessarily being bound by the old Earth-Two continuity.

7 Likes

Out of continuity just offers a lot more freedom. While I respect writers that keep continuity in line as much as possible, I feel it would constrain the ability to tell a story at times, and the bigger the character, the harder it would be. It’s like, I wouldn’t want the story I wanted to tell to be watered down by having to fit it into whatever crossover event was happening at the time.

6 Likes

I’d would happily work on superman, I can write, but I am still learning to draw.

5 Likes

If I wrote fiction, I would like to write the Doom Patrol or Green Lantern (Alan Scott, Hal Jordan, John Stewart, or Jessica Cruz). And I have always wanted to do a superhero movie set in the Forties, whether it starred Batman, Alan Scott, or the whole JSA.

5 Likes

Honest to god I would probably be interested to write about obsure or not well-known characters. There some fun to have by telling creative stories with unpopular characters or teams. I think I would want to write stories about Justice League Detroit, Global Guardians, Hop Harrigan, Enchantress, and Mal Duncan/Guardian.

4 Likes

While Vic Sage might be my favorite character, I really feel like I have some killer Red Hood stories in me.

4 Likes

I’ve done creative writing as more of a hobby. Been trying to get around to finally starting a book, but I’m surprisingly lazy :sweat_smile:

Anyway - I’ve always imagined what I could do for a movie based on Vic Sage AKA The Question. It would be a good chance to take inspirations from various classic crime noir movies.

I feel like Grant Morrison’ Animal Man can only be adapted as a TV show. Last maybe 2 or 3 seasons depending on episode run times and how many episodes each season got.

I would love to write and ongoing title for Doom Patrol. This would be the one title where I can be the most experimental, push ideas and expectations

4 Likes

Ok so: Harley Quinn vs. The Hanukah Goblins

4 Likes

Okay, the core audience for this is exactly me.

5 Likes

The twist is that Harley is a living descendent of the trickster Hershel of Ostropol.

4 Likes

red hood or a batman and superman book

3 Likes