Assign a DC Character to a Movie Role

Perfetto!!! Warriors, Come out & Playyyyy….That’s one of my favorites movies ever. We are Robin is fresh on my brain. It’s a perfect match. Even has gangs with helmets & bats, & thinking a little more. It’s got a ton of similarities. Even the backdrop where they train, & where the storyline takes place. Gritty, dim lit, remote streets & back alleyways. I just said I’m running out of adjectives to describe all these great ideas. So I’m gonna just give em likes :+1:. But, I had to comment on this one. I remember thinking it reminded me of Warriors, when I first started it. But, then I got lost in the story. It never even occurred to me to post it here, & it’s my thread lol. Excellent!!!

6 Likes

Always loved the Warriors, watching it on late night TV as a youngling.

6 Likes

My exposure to it was the exact same. My buddy had it on vhs taped off of HBO. “Those days” it was high tech lol. Then it was on nonstop, practically on a loop. There’s one called Rumble Fish. Francis Ford Coppola; tons of who’s who’s. Dillon, Mickey Rourke, Diane Lane (omg, so hot), Dennis Hopper, Nicholas Cage, Chris Penn etc etc… It’s under the radar. But it’s so good. A must see imho…

5 Likes

Diane Lane is still so hot!

6 Likes

I will have to check it out.

5 Likes

Can’t argue with that.

6 Likes

Oh yeah, that’s how I meant it. But, in that movie, now that u bring it up. Literally can’t even explain how hot. Hot to death!!!

Man, I just typed in Rumble Fish dream sequence, Diane Lane, to search for that top pic. I just hit the 1st result that came up. Did NOT want that site lol. They didn’t have it anywhere u could grab it, so had to screenshot it. It’s not even as bad as the Superheroes in these comics. They must have some kind of domain rights on that pic. I had to search for a site that had it, that I wouldn’t have to clean my browser after I got it. As u can see. The whole movie is Black & White. They do one color scene in the entire movie. It involves fish. It’s so good & underrated. @MovieAddict have u ever seen Rumble Fish? It’s one of the best & nobody (including my friends who won’t just take my word for it lol) seems to know about it?

7 Likes

I have heard of it, never saw it.

6 Likes

Ok. You’re the 1st even aware of it. All of my friends are cinephiles like me. None of them had even heard of it. I asked em maybe 7yrs ago. Just checked with main one last night. He still hasn’t watched it. I was like, c’mon man!!! A year or 2’s pretty ridiculous after I said check this movie out. Almost a decade, & still haven’t watched it….doesn’t compute. Sat around all during Covid, just went back to work (him) 2wks ago. Still didn’t watch it? lol.

6 Likes

In his defense, he may have pushed it back because it didn’t hit his radar any other way. Sometimes I go by one person’s obsession and get really disappointed so I tend to ignore other people saying to watch something.

6 Likes

He said Coppola’s only known for 3 movies so he hadn’t heard of it until I mentioned it. I said- that’s why I told u about it lol. But, I hear ya’. I avoid all spoilers including word of mouth. In my experience. If someone gives negative reviews it influences the way u see the movie. Same as if someone overhypes it. Either way, u go in pre-disposed. If negative u tend to view it “less then”, &, if it’s supposed to be incredible? It doesn’t live up to the expectations I’ve created for myself. Going in blind (excuse the term) is the only way for me…

6 Likes

Any Time I Watch Planet of the Apes, I Think of Gorilla Grodd!
Gorilla Grodd with General Ercko!
Gorilla Grodd and Brutus or Dr. Zeus!

6 Likes

Sarah Michelle Gellar as Bat Girl or Eliza Duscko From Buffy as Bat Girl!
Allyson Hannigan as Zatanna Zatara!
Angel as Batman, Spike as Robin!
Either That or Xander Harris as Robin!

Supernatural Fans Will Love This One Jesen Ackles as Batman and Jared Padellecki as Robin!

Spike or Ian Samerlander as the Joker!
Nina Dobrev as Bat Girl or Batwoman!
Damon and Stefan Salvatore as Batman and Robin!

Agel, David Boreanaz, Would Also Make A Magnificent Superman!
Nina Dobrev as Bat Girl or Batwoman!
Jennifer Love Hewitt as Zatanna Zatara!

Shannon Doherty as Zatanna Zatara!
Holly Marie Combs as Super Girl!
Lucy Lawless as Wonder Woman!

6 Likes

OMG I would pay any amount of cold hard :moneybag: to see Spike in the original Robin costume. :smile:

Or the Nightwing Disco costume:

YES.

9 Likes

APPROVED :ballot_box_with_check::ballot_box_with_check::ballot_box_with_check::slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

I’m keeping my promise to myself about not commenting on every post . It’s hard. Ty @sirreal & @DC89 for making me feel less guilty lol. I will say awesome ones @bromepeter424.24110 & break my rule, just b/c 1st ones I believe? Unless u got an early one in I forgot about. Pretty sure these are your 1st two tho?!?! So, that’s my excuse for breaking my resolution on this one….

7 Likes

Truthfully, I rather enjoy your commentary sir, so perhaps u could modify that promise a bit…(?)Also, kudos for creating this post. Some of these suggestions are spot on and should not be ignored! :slightly_smiling_face::+1:t4:

6 Likes

You’re most welcome. The people on here made it what it is. I just thought of it, & laid down 2 at the top. Rest have all been a collective of genius ideas from fellow members. Ty tho. Most people are telling me to shut up, not keep talking/typing :joy:

6 Likes

Nicholas Cage Would Make A Great Giovanni Zatara!
So Would the Actor Playing Dr. Strange!
Robert Downey Jr. Would Make A Great Giovanni Zatara!
Jennifer Love Hewitt Would Make A Great Zatanna Zatara!
Shaq Would Make A Great Tong!

Sarah Michelle Gellar Would Make A Great Sindella Zatara!

6 Likes

Jane’s a Car

• Jacqueline Frost — Ice
  • Doug the Cop — Agent Feekle
  • Jane Perkins — Margaret Isobel Thoreaux
4 Likes