ASK... THE QUESTION! Column Submission Thread

At the end of the New 52 reboot of JLI, someone kidnaps Booster Gold. Was it ever revealed who and why? Rather then telling me the who and why, please just point me in the direction of the issues I need to read.

1 Like

…I hate it when I accidentally double post something. Is there any way to delete the second one?

Regarding the red K don’t forget about the Smallville TV show which shows that when Clark is exposed to red k, it removes his inhibitions, making him kind of a rude, self centered, angry Superman, who is willing to rob Banks and and ATMs.

Not just yet @Matt_Urish, but I’d be happy to help tidy things up here.

:sparkles:!raeppasid tsop taeper siht ekaM​:sparkles:

7 Likes

I was asked for my favorites, JohnnieD, not an exhaustive list. I believe Item 2 has “turning Clark into a jerk” covered. :wink:

What is the sinister purpose behind aglets?

2 Likes

Hi @HubCityQuestion!
It’s me again! I always have questions, thanks for this awesome thread and the work you put into it.

Has the joker ever died in comics? If so, can you recommend a story where he truly died? (Not fake deaths, but where the storyline truly is his death).

2 Likes

I think he dies in the Injustice series if the video game series and comics align correctly

1 Like

What is, in your opinion, the DC equivalent to Venom from Marvel (ability wise, like a normal person who can turn into something else like venom, and do some of the same stuff

1 Like

A bit about you, apologies if someone asked you this before but…

I have a small list :stuck_out_tongue:

What does the Question like more:

1. Cats or Dogs?

2. Dolphins or sharks?

3. Owls or Eagles/Hawks?

4. What is your favorite DC location?

5. If you were banished for a horrible crime and had a choice, what would you choose to be banished to:

Arkham Asylum, Phantom Zone or Apocalypse?

Thank you!

3 Likes

What’s the full story behind the giant penny is the Batcave?

2 Likes

Are there any 2 DC characters NOT connected. I’ve seen your thread about that and it doesn’t matter who they are, you have an answer for how they are connected, so is anyone NOT connected?

3 Likes

Thanks, Z!

1 Like

Outside of a few run ins with Hugo “way too” Strange, has Batman or Bruce engaged in psychotherapy for his issues?

3 Likes

Does the Anti-Monitor have a gender or is the Anti-Monitor gender neutral?

4 Likes

How did the powerhouse National Periodical become a small niche company in a constantly changing corporate Leviathan started by a parking lot business?

1 Like

You asked The Question, and I have returned with answers! I will now proceed to respond to each of the submitted questions from the past week, in the order they were asked. I hope that these responses prove enlightening.

@nathanoakley1977 asks:

“I just finished reading The New 52’s Justice League of America. Were there other books I suppose to reading in addition to that?”

The origins for the concept of The New 52’s Justice League of America can be seen in the core Justice League (2011-) title, and as such I’d recommend it for a full understanding of the context of Justice League of America (2013-). The formation of the Justice League of America itself can be seen in a back-up to Justice League (2011-) #13.

Secondly, through the run of Justice League of America, there were two major crossover storylines: Trinity War, and Forever Evil. To get the full story, here’s an ordered reading list for each event.
TRINITY WAR:
Justice League #19-20
Trinity of Sin: Pandora #1-3
Justice League of America (2013-) #6
Justice League Dark (2011-) #22
Trinity of Sin: The Phantom Stranger #11
Constantine #5
Justice League of America (2013-) #7
Justice League Dark (2011-) #23
Justice League (2011-) #23

FOREVER EVIL: Forever Evil #1
Trinity of Sin: Pandora #4-5
Trinity of Sin: The Phantom Stranger #12-13
Forever Evil #2
Suicide Squad (2011-) #24-26
Forever Evil: Rogues’ Rebellion #1
Justice League (2011-) #24
Justice League of America (2013-) #8-9
Forever Evil: A.R.G.U.S. #1-2
Justice League of America (2013-) #10
Suicide Squad (2011-) #27-29
Justice League Dark (2011-) #24-25
Trinity of Sin: The Phantom Stranger #14
Constantine #9
Trinity of Sin: Pandora #6
Justice League Dark (2011-) #26
Trinity of Sin: The Phantom Stranger #15
Constantine #10
Trinity of Sin: Pandora #7
Justice League Dark (2011-) #27
Trinity of Sin: The Phantom Stranger #16
Trinity of Sin: Pandora #8
Justice League Dark (2011-) #28
Trinity of Sin: The Phantom Stranger #17
Constantine #12
Trinity of Sin: Pandora #9
Justice League Dark (2011-) #28
Forever Evil #3
Forever Evil: Rogues’ Rebellion #2-4
Justice League (2011-) #25
Justice League of America (2013-) #11
Forever Evil: Arkham War #1
Forever Evil #4
Justice League (2011-) #26-28
Forever Evil: Rogues’ Rebellion #5-6
Forever Evil: A.R.G.U.S. #3-4
Forever Evil #5
Forever Evil: Arkham War #2-5
Forever Evil: A.R.G.U.S. #5
Forever Evil #6
Justice League of America (2013-) #13
Forever Evil: A.R.G.U.S. #6
Forever Evil: Arkham War #6
Justice League (2011-) #29
Forever Evil #7

Third, Justice League of America launched two spin-off books meant to fill you in on a couple of its individual members: Justice League of America’s Vibe (2013-), and Katana (2013-). Each one ran for 10 issues.

Finally, if you’d like to follow some of the New 52 JLA members into their next incarnation following the dissolution of the team, Stargirl, Green Arrow, Hawkman, and Martian Manhunter join forces with some new faces in Justice League United (2014-).

2 Likes

@Matt_Urish asks:

“At the end of the New 52 reboot of JLI, someone kidnaps Booster Gold. Was it ever revealed who and why? Rather than telling me the who and why, please just point me in the direction of the issues I need to read.”

This storyline continues in Booster Gold: Futures End #1, and following that, Convergence: Booster Gold #1-2. I’ll say no more.

2 Likes

@DeSade-acolyte asks:

“What is the sinister purpose behind aglets?”

Shoelaces and the components thereof are never brought up again after The Question declares their sinister purpose in the Justice League Unlimited episode “Question Authority,” so I can’t say for certain.

But for my best guess, consider the context of the scene: The Question is being tortured by Dr. Moon so that Cadmus can learn what he’s discovered about their plans. Rather than succumbing to the torture, The Question responds only by giving them increasingly implausible conspiracy theories. Therefore, I’d propose that there is no sinister purpose behind aglets - The Question was just frustrating his captors and stalling for time before they could break him.

3 Likes