ASK... THE QUESTION! Column Submission Thread

Thanks, I did some Google searches and couldn’t find much, which isn’t too surprising.

4 Likes

Not sure if this counts as a DC question, but: Did “Invincible” creator Robert Kirkman purposely name Mark Grayson in homage to Dick Grayson?

5 Likes

I don’t believe Kirkman has ever confirmed the connection publicly, for understandable trademark related reasons. But considering how heavily the series draws on concepts from other superhero worlds, it’s an easy connection to make on your own. Grayson isn’t exactly a common name, and it was featured in the ubiquitous 60s Batman TV series.

7 Likes

How many times has Batman killed?

4 Likes

Welcome to the community.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community, new friend! That’s an interesting question :eyes:

4 Likes

Just a few comments about this month’s Ask the Question, article. It posted a couple of weeks ago, for those of you “not in the know,” like myself. First, another excellent job. Especially when answering the query about “girl with whip, on dinosaur” asked from outside of our community. I’ll have to remember that, the next time I see a stray thug, and wonder where I might’ve seen him before. I’m kidding of course!

But I was impressed by the lengths you went to (even tracking down the artist) for that answer. That kind of detective work is deserving of a new web-site badge, all it’s own! Also, nice job fleshing out that query from @Reaganfan78, about Superman and Green Arrow. Obviously, there was a lot more to it, than I provided when originally asked. And still playing around with the Joker’s real name, I see. Always a fun (and befuddling) topic. Is it safe to say, he’s had more aliases than any other DC character?

Not my question really. Or at least not my main one. There was a time you used to keep us abreast of your monthly postings. But not the last few. How come? Or have I not been looking in the right places. :thinking:

Stay safe, be well.

4 Likes

Mainly because my editor doesn’t let me know when they go up! I just release the drafts and hope they make it to the site soon.

4 Likes

I was looking for the article and couldn’t find it, Black Adam has really taken over the DC Comic site! Somebody call the JSA quick!

:jsa_book_club:

5 Likes

6 Likes

Hey HQC!

Do you know if any of the old DC serials have corresponding comics to them? Just like how Batman '66 has comics based off the show.

As always, thanks for the help!

7 Likes

Did JL beyond (Earth-12) canon to DCAU (BruceTimm)?

5 Likes

Welcome to the community

4 Likes

Welcome to the Community, @benaffleck2016.33230! It’s great to have you here. If there is ever anything we can help you with, please let one of us moderators know! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Go to the web-site. At the blue banner on the top, click on DC. When the categories come up, click on NEWS. Go to page 2. At the bottom, you’ll see the Ask the Question article for October, with the lead “How many names has the Joker had?”

5 Likes

Thankyou. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I was just reading that last issue of who’s who and there’s a chacter named Thiron who wields the Dragonsword… was just wondering is they had other appearances besides Warlord #51-53 in the back-up story… does it take place in the DC Universe?

5 Likes

Hey, I won’t give any plot details away for the Season 3 finale of Harley Quinn, but in the credits of an in-universe movie, we see that it was written by “The Writer”. Is this a reference to Grant Morrison’s brief time as a Suicide Squad member codenamed “the Writer”, or Norah Jakobs, designated “the Writer” at the Nice House on the Lake, or just a joke about how scandalously little credit writers are given for doing at least 99% of all work in making a movie or TV show?

4 Likes

Hello @MatthewHecht :0_the_question_jlu:,
It’s your friendly neighborhood Reaganfan78, I have a question for you, do you know if Zorro ever appeared in DC Comics? Thankyou. :grinning: Have a great day!

3 Likes

It was a joke.

4 Likes