ASK... THE QUESTION! Column Submission Thread

Possibly, and even probably true. As this is not made clear in either text or imagery. Just one of the problems with trying to establish a coherent multiverse. Stuff tends to drop through holes in the net. Thanks for the feedback! Earth Zero is home now to way to many characters in tights. But, maybe that’s just me.

3 Likes

That theory is certainly consistent with the end of Flashpoint, where we see elements of Vertigo and WildStorm continuities being woven into the fabric of the new reality.

A rebooted, separate WildStorm Earth independent of DC continuity was introduced in Warren Ellis’s The Wild Storm in 2017, which was meant at one point to potentially launch a line of books set on that Earth. But that initiative died around the time that over 60 women came forward about a pattern of abusive and manipulative behavior by Ellis.

Since then, characters such as Apollo and Midnighter have continued to make appearances in Action Comics, as well as Grifter and the WildCATS in Batman titles.

5 Likes

This thing with Ellis, is once again, a reminder that the public face we see of people (be they TV personalities like Charlie Rose and Matt Lauer, or comics like Louie C.K. or Bill Cosby) are not always the true faces of these people. Something pointed out to me, when I made an inquiry about a Gerard Jones Green Lantern title, awhile back.

I really enjoyed Ellis’s writing, especially his run on Planetary. But in all honesty, any future readings will be taken with the proverbial “grain of salt.”

5 Likes

My feelings exactly. Planetary is one of my all time favorite comics, but knowing how he used the notoriety he gained from it taints it for me.

5 Likes

Kudos on finally wrapping up your “Aliens on Earth” project. I’m sure that many readers are rightfully awed by your diligence on the matter. But, are “happy” nonetheless to see you freed up again for less time consuming subjects. Your editor among them, apparently. :smile: Also, loved the Mad/DC coverage. Been a fan of the Madmen over there since I was a little shaver.

A complete hc collection of the original EC titles, published by Russ Cochran, will always have a home in my library. Their parodies of DC’s Trinity, and others over the decades, have always made those of us with a more “twisted” sense of humor, appreciate a country that makes such freedom of the press, possible. May that never change!

So, until your coverage of the New 52 Mad Variant covers on select DC titles, I was completely unaware of their existence. Needless to say, I will be tracking them down on ebay, to add to my collection. THANK YOU KINDLY SIR!

Stay safe, be well.

5 Likes

I agree Planetary is also one of my all time favorites, hopefully one day it makes a comeback, with perhaps a new creative team. Not sure who, though but it would need to be a special group to do it Justice.

4 Likes

How do you read fiction like this?

3 Likes

With salt shakers
:salt:

5 Likes

I direct you, to the above, as my own answer would’ve been way to “snarky.”

6 Likes

can you send that into Star Wars right before Jabba’s palace gets infiltrated?

3 Likes

What is the Atlantean currency? I have seen them pay surface dwellers with gold coins from sunk treasure ships, but I realized those might be considered worthless in Atlantean stores.

6 Likes

Does Bruce sleep in the master bedroom that used to belong to his parents?

6 Likes

The first appearance of Ace, the German Shepard Bat-hound, was in the mid 1950s. A black Great Dane version was introduced in Batman Beyond, in '99. And another animated version is about to appear in the new DC League of Super-pets movie, in a few days. And even though Ace joined Krypto on his single season, Saturday morning show in 2005, I’m pretty sure we’ll be getting yet another version in the film.

I have no idea what breed is filling that roll in present day continuity. Thankfully though, no one has had the audacity to introduce a new version of Krypto. So, my queries are these, sir. How many different versions of the Ace, canine crime-fighter has there been? And, with all the different Supergirls who have come and gone over the years, is Streaky even in continuity anymore?

5 Likes

Considering that Wonder Woman has a lasso, has there ever been an Elseworlds-type story with her in the Wild West?

6 Likes

I can think of Justice Riders right off hand. That was the Justice League. I don’t know if she ever did a solo in the west.

7 Likes

If you’ve got access to JLUnlimited, check out the “Once and Future Thing” 2 parter. Diana makes one helluva of a cowgirl.

5 Likes

Actually that is part 1.

4 Likes

Okkkaaayyyy!

4 Likes

Thanks!

4 Likes

A few days ago, I asked you a question about Mxyzptlk, on another thread. That stirred up some altogether different queries about the 5th Dimensional imp. For instance, has Superman ever visited that dimension, and or Mixy’s home world? I keep thinking he has (in some story from the 50s or 60s), but I can’t remember when. And what does Mixy do over there? Has he got a job? Is he just a hen-pecked husband who uses every chance he gets to flee from his loving (but nagging) wife? Hey, it’s just a question. And, after all, stereotypes have to exist somewhere, right? So why not the 5th Dimension.

Or, do editors feel that such stories might be to confining for future writers? Just curious.

Stay safe, be well.

4 Likes