ASK... THE QUESTION! Column Submission Thread

Jesters League of America, I love it! And I did gloss over that M&M meeting with mister “J” in Doomsday Clock. Must’ve been that migraine creepin’ back for another bout. Thanks! Character updates much appreciated!

PS - Whatever happened to the Prankster? And how about Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum? That Batman pair of roly polies.

3 Likes

Don’t mind me, just jotting down “The kids were Circe’s illusions the whole time” for my Superman & Lois conspiracy board !

4 Likes

You know, I actualy have a whole separate thread dedicated to “Whatever happened to” questions – it’s right over here!

But since you asked…

Prankster’s last canonical appearance was in last year’s New Year’s Evil special, where he continues to run a special service in Metropolis where he provides distractions for Superman while other criminals do their work, for a cut of the fee. He’s made some appearances since then in the digital Superman: Man of Tomorrow series as well – check out issue 13, and issue 20 (coming soon).

Tweedledee and Tweedledum were last seen in Batman’s “City of Bane” storyline from 2019, as two of the many villains working for Bane in his takeover of Gotham. Under Bane’s rule, and controlled by Psycho Pirate, the Tweedles worked as orderlies in his commandeered Arkham Asylum, beating sense into anyone who dared to resist him. Later, the Tweedles attempted to escape Bane’s Gotham with the help of Kite-Man and Scarecrow. But Thomas Wayne, working with Bane as the city’s new Batman, shot both of the Tweedles during the escape. Whether they survived this incident remains unknown, but because we didn’t explicitly see the bodies I’m going to wager they’re still out there.

3 Likes

Fabulous, HCQ! You are the man!!!

3 Likes

You know, in going back over Doomsday Clock, I realize I worded my question, incorrectly. I should have asked " have any of these criminally comedic duos ever met anyone other than the Joker." Sorry 'bout that. Easy to get lost in one’s own questions. Doesn’t make the egg any easier to wash off tho. Oh well, nice to discover this other “where are they now” thread of yours. One I’m sure I’ll be visiting, from time to time. Which reminds me of a similar named back-up feature. It used to run in DC Comics Presents I think, waaaay back when. Although that one was strictly super-hero oriented. Yours appears to cover a much wider range of characters.

Before I get to my question, a small observation. In watching the new Superman program, I’m surprised at how each series before it (on the CW), has allowed us to follow the growth of this being from another planet. In Smallville, we see his formative years, and eventual move to Metropolis. In Lois & Clark, his courtship with a star reporter, leads to the alter. And now, in Superman & Lois, we see their later years as a couple, and their relationship with their teenage sons. Definitely gotta’ see where this 5 o’clock shadowed Man of Steel series goes next.

Anyway, the whole development of super-powers that may or may not be in the genes of the Kent kids, makes perfect sense to me. After all Clark didn’t mate with another full blooded Kryptonian. So any offspring would have diluted blood. Logically, being only half as powerful as his father, at best. But, this is after all tv pseudo-science, so, who knows. All of which brings me around to my query.

How many times has Lois gained super-powers? Of any kind, anywhere, in any way? You can keep it simple, just in print. Good luck with this one Q.

Stay safe, be well.

2 Likes

Why didn’t Superman have heat vision when he was created and how did he gain his heat vision ability?

3 Likes

Hello @HubCityQuestion,
I have a question, I was reading Stars & S.T.R.I.P.E #4

At the end it mentions Day Of Judgment #3, do you know if DC Library has the comic? Thankyou.

1 Like

Unfortunately, it does not. It’s a pretty essential story to the magic corner of the DC Universe at the time, and I would love to see it here. Go ahead and shout it out in the digital request thread.

3 Likes

Thankyou, will do.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You are bringing back my disapointment from when I first noticed that.

2 Likes

Sorry I didn’t know, I was just reading and wanted to know what happened next. I made a request so let’s hope DC will add them soon.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@HubCityQuestion

Word on the street is that there’s a new recurring event on the forums called Tech Tuesday.

Hypothetically, if this were an event ran by The Question himself, how would you run this differently? :eyes:

5 Likes

I’ve been enjoying Tech Tuesday so much that I’d hate to interfere with it. I will tell you what I like about it, though – Tech Tuesday has the vibe of a mini tabletop RPG scenario, where our characters, representing ourselves, have to solve a new problem every week. What I would do is put some casual research into TTRPG campaigns, particularly DC-related ones, and find inspiration there.

And you don’t have to stop at equipment! You can use tables to represent anything. You could call it something like the “Weekly Crisis.” The key here is not the items, but our problem-solving skills through applied knowledge of the DC Universe and general ingenuity.

4 Likes

Thank you for the feedback! I’ve played a few TTRPG campaigns myself, which is partly where the inspiration came from. I’ll dive into some DC themed ones though for a little extra inspiration.

My problem comes when I look at anything outside of equipment/weapons as a lot of the superpowers in the DC Universe are quite overpowered when applied to a somewhat real world scenario. For example, a bank robbery would be fairly trivial to someone with The Flash’s speed.

Lots to think about though, so I’ll take this to the drawing board and see what we can come up with for future weeks! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The Greatest Question of All, one which (hopefully) will never have a complete, definitive, final answer:

When’s the next column coming out?

4 Likes

This week! It was supposed to be earlier but there was a schedule shift.

4 Likes

Hey, Hub! I am trying to uncover the secrets of the Phantom Stranger and I feel a I am very close to a breakthrough :clap:

My question is, does Phantom Stranger’s amulet have a name? Not the coins in the new 52, just the amulet.

2 Likes

The true secret of Phantom Stranger is that the more his identity is obscured, the better. It’s always a better question than an answer.

As far as I can tell, the amulet has no name.

4 Likes

Well, it’s been a while since I’ve asked a question, but this one has been burning in the back of my mind for quite awhile. I’ve seen in multiple places that the Superman comics of the Silver Age were the originators of the words “Brainiac” and “Bizzaro”, both of which have entered American vernacular far outside of the realm of comic books. So, first off, is it true that these words were created specifically for Superman’s villains? But, possibly more perplexingly, is the second part. As many comic fans will know, Brainiac’s family name is “Dox”. “Doxxing”, likewise, is a term used when one person releases private information about a second person (such as an address), usually over the internet. Given that Brainiac is known for using computers to cause harm, and doxxing involves using computers to cause harm, is there a connection here at all? Or is it completely coincidental? Thanks as always, Q!

6 Likes

Hey Q, I’ve been reading Green Lantern recently, and something that has always irked me is the preponderance of Earthings in the corps, while so many other species are left to only one or two representatives from their planets/sectors. I remember you did an article awhile back about this. I was wondering if you could post it again? I’d like to reread it.

4 Likes