Ask John Kourounis (Almost) Anything!

MissInkBlot, you have soothed my troubled mind!

I’m a 70 year old lifelong comics reader, with a bit of dismay at DC’S big movies (Superman is a happy, cheerful guy, people!), but a deep love of DC animation. DOOM PATROL came as a surprise to me, and is THE BEST DAMN SHOW ON TELEVISION.

I hope that Shazam’s light touch will continue, because when Deadpool said, “You’re really dark! Are you SURE you’re not a DC character?” it was ridicule that DC, I’m sorry to say, brought upon themselves.

DC has wonderful characters, so make those movies fun instead of objects of ridicule.

2 Likes

Must know if app is coming to PlayStation. I need it lol

5 Likes

Are they really gonna make a Gotham Sirens movie?!(plz say yes)

I know that you are big into comics but is anyone else’s into ur family into them as well?

Okay, really wanna know what you and the DC Daily gang thought of the New Age of Heroes lineup?

Is there going to be an 80th Anniversary for Shazam next year? I really think It would be great for the comic community to see just how long the real Captain Marvel has been around for, especially after showcasing Supes and Bats 80th the past couple years!

4 Likes

How is Dan Didio in really real life ? I think he gets a bad rap from the DC fans.

Hi John do you remember me from the batman museum tour

Hey John, love you on DC Daily! Did you know, or have a feeling, that the show was going to be as loved by DC fans as it is?

1 Like

Hey all, just a reminder that we’re all friends here, so let’s treat each other with the respect we all deserve! If you need a refresher on what’s cool and what’s not, you can check out our Forum Guidelines here: yourdcu.com/cmg

2 Likes

Do you think Deadman deserves a show? He is awesome.

2 Likes

Hey John, looks like you’re going to need a fan page now. Get on that! Ok yep I’m gonna say it…so how do you think DC is going to compete with this new Disney+ service comming out? I am one of those people that doesn’t discriminate. I love DC and (the other guys).hey if it’s good, it’s good right?

Hey John, any truth to the report I saw on youtube that filming of Swamp Thing has been cancelled and that the whole DC Universe streaming service is going to be shut down?

1 Like

Qhen are we going to see Dr. Fate in at least an animated movie. JL dark was perfect for him yet he was left out . He needs to be in more stories and have his own film.

Thank you for the lovely feedback, as well as your suggestion, @oldrocker99.49549! We’re not only happy to help, but also happy to have you as a member of the forums :slight_smile: If interested, I hope you share an introduction with us on the Roll Call thread here in the Watchtower section - we’d be happy to have added, and your enthusiasm’s very much appreciated!

To all posting, thank you for the thought-provoking questions! :slight_smile:

1 Like

If there was one DC superhero you wish you could be, who would you pick? :thinking:

2 Likes

First of all John as a fellow beard man kudos on yours. Hope you and the guys don’t have to shave them to avoid capture from the Beard Hunter. :joy::joy:. Earlier in the thread I saw Jo-Ko suggested as a nickname. It’s a great cabana boy name :joy:. My question for you is how long did it take you to break into show business and are you working on any solo projects?

1 Like

What character in the DCU would you like to see have a live action movie that hasn’t been done yet before?

John, what was it that got you into comics in the first place and do you remember the first comic you ever bought?

If you could revive any comic book title that’s been cancelled, which would it be?