Ask for my 'Hot Takes' on DC Characters!

What, you don’t like his cute costume?

3 Likes

giphy

4 Likes

4 Likes

@HubCityQuestion

He and Green Arrow should be the forefront of DC’s street-level stories.

@AliDCNotLetMeLogin

Cassie Sandmark: While she is a WW character, she’s much closer to what I want Supergirl to be (conceptually).

Cissie King-Jones: If we need to bring back a fan-favorite GA character in the comics, I’d pick her over Connor Hawke. Far more unexplored territory with her.

4 Likes

Spoiler?

3 Likes

I’ve done been skipped :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@Angel.Azrael

Spoiler, from Rebirth-era Detective Comics onward, is a more accessible character without her pre-N52 backstory.

@SuperBlueGrodd

Ralph and Sue Dibney need another shot in the comics as both a couple and a pair of DC detectives. I say this primarily because while I love (most of) Brad Meltzer’s DC work, I do NOT like Identity Crisis :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

5 Likes

Absolutely agree on every word…

3 Likes

@jsmsiggy

Hal Jordan!Parallax is a ridiculous character born out of the lunacy of 90’s-era DC, but in the realm of ridiculous cosmic-level DC characters, I can at least understand his presence and importance to Hal’s journey. I can’t say that about Superboy Prime (but that’s a hot take for later).

4 Likes

The Toyman

choose-vour-next-words-carefully-for-they-may-be-whatshe-48873500~2

4 Likes

Rae Rae

3 Likes

I will give you a twofer. You might only care about one of these (and prepare to be ticked off), but here goes.

Winslow Schott: For being a Superman villain, almost everything about him kinda screams ‘Batman villain’? I’ve honestly never seen enough of him anywhere to get a solid impression of the character, but his recent turn to good in the comics might be interesting if they follow through.

Hiro Okamura: Somebody should bring this character back and put him on the Teen Titans, STAT!

3 Likes

@DC89

LOVE her. One of Wolfman’s finest creations and one of DC’s greatest female characters. Ever.

3 Likes

Agreed!

3 Likes

I don’t know why I forgot to mention this, but an equal amount of credit for her longevity (and iconography) absolutely go to George Perez.

4 Likes

Geoff Johns would agree. Winslow Schott does not…

Scott Snyder has brought him back- he used him at the beginning of Metal-

-where he helps the Justice League escape, and he used him again at the cliffhanger for Death Metal #2 (orat leadt referenced some of his creations).

4 Likes

Sorry for this late response, had to check up on a thing.

I have yet to read that issue of Superman (or Action Comics?), but still pretty wild that me and Johns drew the same conclusion, years apart.

Also, thank you for reminding me about Okamura’s appearance in Dark Knights: Metal. Yes, it’s a cameo, but it did supply one of the coolest moments in the entire series.

4 Likes

Is there a comic book version of Kyd Wykkyd? Other than that of the Teen Titans series, I’ve been having a hard time finding information on him. :thinking:

Screenshot_20190226-191700

2 Likes

Not a Hot Take question, but I can briefly answer.

Did some research and I’m right there with you. As far as anyone is concerned, he is only a creation of the TV series. If he’s supposed to be based on somebody, I wouldn’t know who it is.

4 Likes