Ask DC Daily's Amy Dallen (Almost) Anything!

Many of you know Amy Dallen as the comics aficionado on DC Daily, but did you know she’s also been working her local comic book shop for many years? Or that she got her start on screen at Geek & Sundry, throwing dice with Wil Wheaton on TableTop?

Amy spreads her enthusiasm and love for gaming and comics everywhere she goes. Any questions you have for her about working in a comic book store, transitioning her passion to the screen, or her absolute favorites on the page, ask us below!

We’ll be publishing an article with YOUR questions in just a few short weeks- in the meantime, you can check out our other DC Daily Origin Stories for Hector Navarro, Sam Humphries, John Kourounis, Harley Quinn Smith, and John Barrowman right here on DC Universe in the News section!

10 Likes

Working at a comic book shop seems like a dream job but what was the most difficult part in your time working at one?

2 Likes

You certainly have a depth and breadth of knowledge.
What is your all time favorite story (individual, “Crisis”, crossover, whatever) The “if you were stranded on a desert island and could only have one comic, what would it be?”

Also you have such depth and breadth of comic knowledge. What do you think is the least appreciated “age” of comics. (Golden, Silver, Bronze, etc)

3 Likes

It’s clear you have a love for comics, but what is your single favorite comic issue?

3 Likes

What’s your favorite tabletop game?

2 Likes

As a younger comic book fan what it is about the comics published before your time that you find most interesting about them.

2 Likes

Any chance of a more news/talk show version of Daily? I’d love a news discussion to start the show (maybe a news desk type segment) and then move into the chat part (interviews, book club, deep dives, and so on)…

1 Like

more knowledge than the Guardians and pure enthusiasm in human form, Amy is a joy

is there a book you’d like to write for, or is there one character you’d love to see go in a direction they never have …

1 Like

What live action comic book movie would you be most interested in seeing that hasn’t been done already?

1 Like

Who would you rather hang out with Deadman or The Creeper?

What comic book run would you like to see as the next animated movie?

1 Like

Your thoughts on B’wana Beast

Amy, just wanted to say how much I love your “enthusiamism” and I have been an avid watcher of all the things you do, especially Collider Heroes. Sorry if that sounds stalkery! I just find your depth of knowledge and love for the material amazing and so endearing and infections. Maybe you’ve talked about this before, but I’m curious what sparked this interest in you in the first place? What was Amy’s origin story? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Amy, which of the DC original show is your favorite so far? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

¡Hola Amy! You’re my fav :heart_eyes: ( dont hate DC Daily fam :blush:). I’m sure you’ve had some great convos and debates at your Shop, have you ever talked about creating your own original Super Hero? Also, which DCU original would you guest star in? And why? Tally-hooo!

3 Likes

If she could write a story, what type of story would be, and for what character in the DC pantheon of super heroes?

What will it take for DC to renew swamp thing?

3 Likes

You’ve got your chance in the office with the WB big wigs. Pitch your idea for the next DC movie or TV project.

do I need a time bubble in order to see some form of the Legion of SUPERHEROES in our near future?

Would you prefer more DCU exclusive live action or animation series?