Ask Brian Tong (Almost) Anything!

Which Judge Dredd movie do you enjoy more:

-1995’s Sylvester Stallone starring Judge Dredd (directed by Danny Cannon, who went on to be prominently involved with Gotham)

-2012’s Dredd starring Karl Urban (he of Eomer from the LOTR Trilogy and the DC flick Red fame)

I enjoy the former much more than the latter.

Next time the DC DAILY has Jim Lee in the studio, can you make sure they ask him when the Snyder cut is being release ? If it ever is.

@Purpleguy23 I’ve got to go with Michael Keaton. He’s always been my Batman, especially after watching Batman '89 for the hundredth time, but you forget how nuanced his performance was with the awkward humanity he gave him. And that’s why I love him the most. This might not be a popular opinion but Batfleck is my second favorite Batman. You could have plopped him in the Nolan flicks and he would have been just as good…if not better.

3 Likes

@JohnD3rd The very first character as a kid was honestly Thanos, but the reason was because I saw the crazy Infinity Gauntlet poster in a store window done by the legendary George Perez and it instantly drew me in. That’s what got me into comics. But as time as evolved, I went through the whole Marvel/Image comics era in the 90s and only read Batman back then. Fast forward today, and 90% of my comicbook reading is DC. Justice League, Batman, Aquaman, Namoi, Young Justice, there’s too much to list. But as I’ve grown up, DC just absolutely kills it with comicbooks and I still read religiously every week to this day.

2 Likes

@rac7d.82001 Content rights in countries are tricky, you have to make a deal based on each countries rules and regulations. It’s literally a separate agreement for each region/country. It’s not easy.

2 Likes

Shadow_Wulf I’m just as excited as you are, I still love everything DC Universe is doing. I bought a subscription service before I even knew I got the gig. So I consider myself a true fan :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Briantong. What is your favorite Steve Ditko DC Comics contribution.

1 Like

Well he wasn’t here at DC too long, but i would have to say Blue Beetle. That’s the Blue Bettle that i knew of growing up with Ted Kord.

2 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

@briantong, not exactly a DC question, but what are some of your favorite apps or devices these days?

@Briantong who would you rather hang out with Bwana Beast, Deadman, or The Creeper?