Artists Who Never Really Worked for DC

What artists, who never really worked for DC would you like/have liked to see on a DC book.

I would have loved to see John Buscema on the Justice League America.

5 Likes

Sana Takeda - I would love to see her draw Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Swamp Thing, Batgirl, Batman or even the Justice League.

The Art she did on the X-23 comic was do darn amazing that it is one of the reasons I started buying the Monstress Title from image. her art is just breath taking, and i would pretty much love to see her draw any DC hero.

3 Likes

Geof Darrow did a few covers here and there, but I’d really love to see him take on a big DC project.

5 Likes

After his work on Tom King’s Vision, I’d absolutely love to see Gabriel Hernandez Walta on at least one full arc, maybe even reuniting w/ King to try and recapture some of that magic

3 Likes

John Romita Sr. who draws beautiful women. I’d love to see him draw Batgirl.

4 Likes

Joe Madureira was one of the first artists I remember really noticing and liking when I was a kid. I’m not sure if he’s still active, but I’d like seeing him draw for DC.

2 Likes

John Cassaday - I know he technically worked for DC with Planetary but it’d be cool to see him take on a proper main DC title. Superman or Flash would be good choices imo.

Ashley Marie Witter - Great artist I discovered at a con while doing a series called Squarriors. She has gone on to work for the other big company now. She would probably be really great on a Harley Quinn series.

1 Like

He’s done a little work for them.
This small bit in Superman 165

These variant covers

And this Wizard Magazine cover from back in the day

1 Like

Seconded.

1 Like

When I was a kid reading Buscema’s Avengers, I would fantasize about John pencilling the JLA.

2 Likes

Frank Springer. Beat that

1 Like

Ryan Ottley

1 Like

I had a feeling he had to have done some work at some point. Wikipedia let me down. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes