Artist Families! Which Do You Prefer: The Romitas or The Kuberts!

Do you prefer John Romita Sr. & Jr. or do you like Joe, Adam and Andy Kubert better?

I’m leaning towards Romitas myself. Kind of a wash between Romita Sr and Joe Kubert as far as historical significance and legacy. But JRJR has always really been pushing forward stylistically. The Kuberts make very professional work, but I feel Romita more, the energy and life and crackle and force of it. Especially with Superman Year One. I found his art particularly engaging, and am curious to what level of collaboration he had with Miller as far as layouts and such.

But what do you think? Kuberts or Romitas?

2 Likes

I’m more familiar with the Romitas work, so I’m pretty biased that way.

2 Likes

Uggghh! Talk about hard decisions! I love Joe Kubert and John Romita Sr. Their kids i’m so-so on. With the Kuberts I go with Adam over Andy, though both do good work. John Romita Jr. seems like a cool guy in interviews, but his comic style doesn’t always work for me.

Seriously, I’m going back and forth here. I’ve got a mental Tennis match going on!

3 Likes

From the older generation, Joe Kubert.

From the younger, John Romita Jr.

3 Likes

I gotta go Romitas because I love Sr’s Spidey

1 Like

Thanks for the answers everyone! I also feel a little split by generation, with Romita easily winning the younger generation, and yes @biff pow Romita’s Spidey is pretty untouchable, but it’s just so hard to go against Joe Kubert haha!

2 Likes

Romitas all the way.

2 Likes