Art Tutorials, Stock Resources, Photo References, and More

DCFAC Tutorials Banner

A wiki created for the @DCFanArtClub, but open to the entire DCU community. Anyone can contribute their own categories and links by clicking on the orange pencil in the top right corner of this post.

HEADS, PORTRAITS, ETC

PROPORTIONS

FIGURE DRAWING

HANDS

PERSPECTIVE

• link
  • link

COLOR

SPECIFIC MEDIA

Graphite
  • Link
Ink
Watercolor
  • Link
Marker
  • Link
Colored and Watercolor Pencils

MODELS, REFERENCES

1. JustSketchMe free web app
  2. Pose Emporium
  3. Art Model Tips (NSFW)
  4. Reference Sketch Daily (Optionally NSFW. Has great timed exercises)
  5. Senshi Stock
  6. Posemaniacs (Not always the most accurate, but excellent for variety and good if you’d rather work from an animated model. Requires Flash. :flash_hv_5: )
  7. Unsplash

FREE-USE STOCK

• link
  • link
27 Likes

Sorry @CynicalPink.
FINALLY!
I shouldn’t have done that, but posting anyway.
7:54pm Tuesday May 12 2020

3 Likes

Alright, guys, I got ya started, but the more people that contribute, the better this can be.

If you see someone in the comments section who doesn’t know how to edit a wiki, please help them out by adding their link to the master post. #teamwork !!!

4 Likes

This is great thank you!

4 Likes

I am WAY overdue in making this, so no worries!

2 Likes

Quick reminder, just to be safe = NSFW = You will find PHOTOS of NUDE human beings.

These are educational galleries for artists, but if you’re younger and your guardian(s) will flip out to find you browsing them, proceed at your own risk.

3 Likes

Thank you, @Aquamon!

2 Likes

I know not what you speak of! :wink:

2 Likes

I’m like santa around here. I see when you do bad or good :santa:

3 Likes

Hi I love this and you

6 Likes

We love you!

6 Likes

Thanks @CynicalPink found a pose for this months challenge…wish me luck cause I’ve never used a human reference always cartoons. :woman_shrugging: now better get cracking

4 Likes

Best of luck! We’re all here to help if you need any feedback along the way

2 Likes

Great Idea. Love it.

2 Likes

@Aquamon Added a digital coloring tutorial that might be along the lines of what you were describing

3 Likes

This looks very interesting thank you!

2 Likes

Added: Another quick reference sheet for positioning facial elements, digitally coloring skin, and a skin tone palette guide for prismacolor pencils

3 Likes

This is great! Will try some of these and sketch some of my favorite characters here and there

4 Likes

Looking forward to seeing what you make!

2 Likes

Oh man this is awesome! I’ve been looking everywhere for things like this even taking lessons on “Domestika”.
Thanks a ton

3 Likes