Art Celebrating DCFandome's Promos!

Thank you, I appreciate the kind words!

That is a great question. I usually start with a center line for the body. It tells me the pose position. But before I draw the actual body, I sketch in the head shape and position only. That gives me a starting proportion for the rest of the figure. Then I work the shoulders and sketch the arms into position. After that I know the body size and follow my center line to get the torso looking right. Once the torso is sketched in, I add the arms and legs. The torso dictates the arm and leg size and placement. Finally, I get into the details(no shading yet). Adding muscular definition based on the action of the pose. Then I find my light source and shade appropriately. Last thing I do is the face. The face defines the mood, attitude, emotion and focus of the figure. Of course there are slight adjustments that happen throughout. Almost like the piece tells me what it wants while I draw it.

Sorry, I got way into that description. That is my typical process with minor deviations depending on the piece itself.

4 Likes

I wanted to more but time was not in my side but just made me dedicated more time this one which I have to say is one my best digital pieces yet.

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League
The Squad Trying to take down Supes
Except for Boomer. He’s getting the heck out of there.

8 Likes

@RobArt471
Those came out Awesome™:+1:
The glow on Nightwing looks great and WW’s detail is amazing.

@ImpulseMaxMercury
That’s Awesome™:+1:
The Lightning and bats are great. This type of art always looks great. I sadly don’t have the patience for it yet.

@Goldk
Another Squader. Looks Awesome™:+1:
Supes face looks nice. I can see the anger I that heat vision.

4 Likes

:birthday: Happy Birthday @stefanie.m :birthday:

5 Likes

9 Likes

Aw! Thank you so much @NYJt3 nice bday hat addition :+1:

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: brilliant! Boomer would definitely high tail it outta there. This is really great, especially the poses and movement. King shark looks awesome. :clap: and the destruction/smoke in the background brings it all together.

3 Likes

Dude nice cheetah. She looks amazing and her hair especially. WW is adorable i like that you gave her tiny wings on the armour. Is it bad my 1st reaction was Thelma and Louise?

2 Likes

Haha, Thelma and Louise. That’s awesome. What can I say, I saw Tommy Boy one too many times growing up.

And thanks. Cheetah’s head went through a number of iterations until I realized you had to go big hair since it’s the 80s.

3 Likes

Looks awesome™:+1:. Cheetah came out great. And WW in the wing suit. Nice.

2 Likes

No that’s awesome! That’s really interesting that you save the face for last, it’s usually the first thing I do since I find it the most fun :sweat_smile: And really smart to start with a defining central gesture of the pose

3 Likes

I posted my Pattinson Batman earlier but I also did this Jason Todd portrait based on his look in Gotham Knights. I was surprised by the reveal and think I’m most excited for that, I also really loved Jason’s look in the game and hope this defining scar becomes a standard for him like the white streak.
I tried out a new style for this and found it very easy and natural, so I’m trying the same with a Jonah Hex portrait and it is proving far more difficult than Jason was :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Great job! Loving all the details on the uniforms! I kinda feel bad for them cause Supes is getting so mad!

3 Likes

Totally got the Tommy Boy reference! WW’s expression is LOL funny!

3 Likes

Beautiful work! Your shading is impeccable and your control is amazing!

4 Likes

That is Awesome™:+1:.
Can’t wait to play as Red Hood.

3 Likes

@RobArt471 They both came out amazing, imo. Nightwing’s musculature, especially the shading, is fantastic. Meanwhile, Wondy is gorgeous! Her face is beautifully done, and the background is as fierce and gorgeous as she is. (Thank you for sharing your art process with us, too. I love reading how everyone goes about their work.)

@ImpulseMaxMercury Just…

I maxed this out to get a sense of how many shapes went into making this, and my mind is blown. Do you feel like practicing with this style has given you a better sense of shapes and contours? It’s incredible that you capture their movement and Keaton’s likeness so well using only those itty bitty insignias. :clap: Thank you so much for taking my prompt to heart! Now I just hope your hand recovers :pray:

@Goldk Fantastic job taking their designs from the trailer and applying your style to it! Everyone looks amazing, especially Harley and Deadshot. And I know you said you weren’t crazy about him, but I think Supe’s looks great. Love the sense of motion you get seeing his cape billowing out like that. You can sense the panic they’re all experiencing.

@NYJt3 Blow us all away, dude! I can’t believe you’re a newcomer to the club. You’ve been holding out on all of us. Like Gold’s art, your Deadshot and Harley are my fav parts of the piece. Really beautiful detail on both of their costumes (hope you shared with Kate)! And DS’s pose is hard, too, from that angle. Tons of energy!

@_UnderScore :rofl: I’m so glad I’m not the only one who caught the reference! Hahaha! And on an artistic note, you are REALLY good at cars!

@cici I was a little “meh” about Jason from the trailer but now I’m in love. I think that sums up my feelings on your work.

5 Likes

Thanks. Yeah deadshot was tricky. I actually messed up on the arm (it wasn’t aiming at Supes) Luckily with it being digital I could just grab it move it​:sweat_smile:

1 Like

@CynicalPink Dick’s my favorite and Babs stole the show so truth be told I wasnt really paying attention to Jason or Tim and hardly noticed what they looked like but I started seeing fan art of the scar and ppl mentioning how much bigger he is than the others. I was like “wait I don’t remember that” so I went back and rewatched the trailer like :eyes: “OoOOOoooh!”

4 Likes

Cici wow oh wow. Your style is always lovely to see. And that scar is just amazing, looks like it was super painful and his eyes. I haven’t see the trailer but I’m heading there now.

3 Likes