Arrowverse Officially Ending

No.

The Arrowverse is officially comprised of the following - and only the following - media IPs (listed in order of release):

• The “Donnerverse” film series (1978-1987, 2006)
  • The Flash (1990-1991, CBS)
  • Arrow (2012-2020, The CW)
  • The Flash, 2014-2023, The CW)
  • Constantine (2014-2015, NBC)
  • Vixen (2015-2016, CW Seed)
  • Supergirl (2015-2021_ CBS/The CW)
  • DC’s Legends of Tomorrow (2016-2022, The CW)
  • Freedom Fighters: The Ray (2017-2018, CW Seed)
  • Black Lightning (2018-2021, The CW)
  • Batwoman (2019-2022, The CW)

Anything beyond the above-mentioned IPs exists or existed as adjacent to but separate from the Arrowverse within the narrative framework of its (the Arrowverse) in-universe Multiverse, with the possible exceptions of the following:

• Smallville (2001-2011, The WB/The CW), which Marc Guggenheim implied (but did not officially confirm) is internally considered to be an official part of the Arrowverse
  • Superman & Lois (2021-present, The CW), which was originally conceived and developed as being an official part of the Arrowverse but was eventually creatively separated from it
4 Likes

Everything DC is Arrowverse, everything is DC movies, per Crisis on Infinite Earths. All different universes in the same Multiverse. Separated shows like Superman & Lois and Stargirl are still in the same Multiverse, Stargirl is literally a rebooted Earth 2 after the original Earth 2 died in Crisis.

2 Likes

The fact that practically the entirety of DC’s live-action media portfoli existed at one point as elements of the Arrowverse’s in-universe Multiverse does not make the IPs featured part of the Arrowverse.

Moving on, my favorite Arrowverse ‘moment’ is Kara taking flight after over a decade to rescue Alex’s plane.

2 Likes

Well, Burt Ward actually appeared in Crisis, as did Lucifer, so wouldn’t they be Arrowverse adjacent at least?

4 Likes

Everything’s Arrowverse, adjacent or completely, Crisis confirmed it.

3 Likes

Yes, thats the point i was making.

Batman '66, Lucifer, the DCEU, etc. are or were adjacent to but not an official part of the Arrowverse.

A certain other poster keeps insisting otherwise, though, which is what prompted me to list what is (or might be) officially part of the Arrowverse and what is/was not.

3 Likes

I mostly agree with your list, but would argue that “Smallville” is no less a part of the Arrowverse than the Donnerverse and Flash-90.

The best evidence that the Arrowverse “adopted” Smallville well before CRISIS was the reference to Chloe Sullivan as Clark’s best friend who has a “Wall of Weird”, in the “Midvale” episode of Supergirl Season 3. The Chloe character originated on Smallville and was a major character through all ten seasons. Outside of a few Jimmy Olsen stories beginning with Action Comics 893, nine years after her debut on Smallville, she doesn’t appear anywhere else (until Smallville Season 11). But none of the actors from Smallville appeared in the Arrowverse universe outside of CRISIS.

I would also argue that the Donnerverse/Kingdom Come Brandon Routh Superman was just a strange visitor from an adjacent universe, as was John Wesley Shipp’s Flash-90, so why shouldn’t Smallville get the same treatment?

All that said, I’d love to see Allison Mack make an appearance as Chloe on Superman and Lois, assuming the series doesn’t get cancelled before she completes her debt to society. Her listed release date is December 15, 2023. Ummm, I don’t think I’ll hold my breath on that one.

1 Like

I can’t argue with your logic, but the one crucial thing that separates the “Donnerverse” films, The Flash 1990, and Smallville is that, as I noted, the former were definitively declared to be part of the Arrowverse whereas the latter was not, and so it remains up to individual interpretation as to whether or not Welling and Durance’s appearances in CoIE constitute enough connective tissue to officially graft the Smallville series itself into the Arrowverse.

I would dispute the notion that Supergirl’s mention of Chloe was a direct reference to Smallville, however, because, in context, it was intended to establish the existence of an Earth-38 version of the character.

Re: Allison Mack, there’s no chance in heck that anyone anywhere hires her for anything ever again.

4 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/Co-Hnc2MOge/

3 Likes

I’m hoping they come to GalaxyCon in Raleigh in July…

3 Likes