Arrowverse Couch Club, Week 8: May 10-12 episodes (Flash season finale)

Her pregnancy was also the reason why the last few episodes had Frost either facing away from the camera, only showing her head and shoulders or strategically placing pillows on the couch when she was sitting down

1 Like

I must not be as observant as I thought. It all make so much more sense now. Thanks!

2 Likes

I love when shows use characters who may have only appeared in one episode again for specific purposes. It gives it more of a sense of continuity and that life goes on beyond the main storyline. This being said, I hope it is used sparsely as some shows I felt I needed one of those walls of string to keep track of characters (Person of Interest and Burn Notice Iā€™m looking at you). I like if she is used occasionally but part of me got a Robin vibe to Kateā€™s Batwoman. Eager to help, young, knows her secret. I grew up with Tim Drake as Robin so the skills there reminded me of him.

On a separate note, I did not like the fact that Julia is being tortured, Luke refuses to give Alice a way to kill Batwoman, and they hold up for a long time, and Kate undies all that in mere moments by giving Alice glasses to decode it. What was the point of what happened to Julia and Luke if the bad guy gets what they want anyways?

1 Like

My preference would be for her to last through maybe the first part of the season to really show us what she can do. I donā€™t want them to wrap up the Sue framed storyline too quickly because we still need time for her and Ralph to make up and trust each other. Yes I believe they will get together as all she has done is to protect her family which is noble even if the means were not. Ralph used to be pretty shady himself and so I think he understands better than most the gray area.
As for Eva Iā€™d like to see more outside the Mirror world as that dragged on way too long. I want to see what she is capable of as the fight scenes using mirrors was very well done. Then if they clear Sue they can arrest Eva and put her in Iron Heights to be used another time or hoping for a Rogues team

1 Like

It does not matter to me about the time travel as long as they keep the character development going. I keep tuning in for the characters and if they time travel ok if they donā€™t ok. There was a little time travel when Rory got a hall named after him but I was fine without time travel. If they relied solely on that the gimmick would wear thin quickly. Iā€™m glad they mix it up but such you donā€™t notice what time period they are in

1 Like

I hadnā€™t thought of that, but thatā€™s a really good observation. Granted, I do think Mary fills the Robin role on the team better, but now that I think back on it, Parker was definitely giving off some of those kind of vibes as well

Well if they werenā€™t in such immediate danger, Kate wouldnā€™t have traded over the glasses for their safety. I imagine she was extra desperate when she saw the kind of pain they were inflicting on Julia

I keep forgetting about this aspect, but thatā€™s actually good reasoning for why he has more patience for her than most. It does make me wish we had gotten to see a bit of shady Ralph before he got his powers so that part of his personality couldā€™ve stuck in our memories more

We can only hope :pray:

That would be interesting to see more instances where theyā€™re in a place that could conceivably be in any time period. Like Iā€™m assuming that theyā€™ll still be in the present in the next episode when they have to survive zombieā€™s at Constantineā€™s house, but I suppose something like that could happen whenever

I love this idea. Now that you mention it I got vibes like that from her too. But would we call her Robin?

1 Like

While, I do think that this season got off to a really slow start (if you donā€™t count the crisis as the first episode) I havenā€™t really noticed there has been less time travel. From my perspective since the encoreā€™s are from a certain point in history, the time travel aspect seems alive and well. Considering Charlie is thousands of years old, Ava is from 2213 and Zari is from the future as well. Iā€™m definitely more interested in the characters storylines then the place they are going. I think if they became more dependent on ā€œmust physically time travel with the ship to keep the premise of the showā€ then the show would suffer for it. But donā€™t get me wrong, if they wanted to travel somewhere significant in history just for the sake of it during an episode, Iā€™d be down for that.

1 Like

Maybe Sparrow?

1 Like

Just saw the news that Ruby Rose is leaving Batwoman with the character being recast for second season!

2 Likes

Me too! Iā€™m very surprised. One of my friends just told me. We were then thinking ā€œimagine if Stephen left after season 1?ā€

1 Like

Just did my quick confirm 'tween cbr and cinemablend. both quote the same source about the quit.

1 Like

Just looked it up. I suspected when they said ā€œit was mutualā€ it really wasnā€™t. But oh well, I still look forward to the next season!

1 Like