Arrowverse Couch Club Season Two, Week 3: Batwoman S2, E3

Definitely, I’m sure we’ll get an answer on that by the end of the season. If Safiyah really didn’t have anything to do w/ Kate’s disappearance, then I feel like her staging her death becomes the most likely option

2 Likes

just caught up with this on DVR, and WIIIIIIIIIG :heart_eyes: oh my gosh the wig is such a relief. i’m going to consider her as a distinct character. (she’s a she.)

my initial reaction to funny Zsasz was negative, but he really grew on me. i always considered him one of Batman’s most boring villains, so any change must be an improvement for me.

my only problem with Safiyah is that the name evokes an Instagram star to me. Or possibly a psoriasis drug. maybe a Mediterranean cereal grain.

1 Like

I would expect no less

Between this and Gotham, I feel like people’s assumptions will really shift toward Zsasz being a funny psychopath by default. Admittedly I’m not the biggest fan of that idea in theory, but the results have been pretty entertaining so far, so I can’t really complain

1 Like

oh and i forgot to mention the Jack Napier namedrop! I didn’t finish the first season; have they mentioned him before?

2 Likes

They have! Arrowverse Joker was confirmed to be Jack Napier last season, and that still seems to be the case post-Crisis. Of course there’s also another strong implication regarding Joker’s status in this universe from season 1, but I’ll let you get to that on your own…

2 Likes

wow, i had no idea! thanks!

2 Likes

Woah, I missed this revelation. When/where did this happen?

1 Like

In episode 6 of the 1st season - I’ll Be Judge, I’ll Be Jury. I guess it’s possible that could’ve changed post-Crisis and Joker and Jack Napier are now 2 different people, but unless they say that specifically, I’m still gonna assume Joker was Napier

1 Like

To start my catching up, first to post, then hopefully catch up on the thread(s)…

I liked Safiyah’s presence.

I do not remember Zsasz in Batman Begins. I am very torn between Batwoman’s and Gotham’s.

Regardless of what we know about the behind the scenes reality, this sort of plot serves the story. I liked seeing who still has hope Kate is alive and who is ready to accept she might be dead. I might be blurring my episodes, since i had a mini marathon of Batwoman and Black Lightning. and it is regardless Safiyah is lying about any of what she was telling Alice.

Desert Rose curing Ryan definitely makes sense. It still bothers me she hasn’t come out about it.

1 Like