Arrowverse Couch Club, July Book Club: Arrow (2012) #1-6

Since I am caught up on the reading (but the thread, not so much…)

Had you read any comics connected to the Arrowverse before this? Why or why not?
I have not ready any before this.

How accurately do you feel these issues represented the tone of season 1 of Arrow?
It felt pretty close. I like the different point of view tie-ins usually provide.

What were some of the standout moments/elements in these opening issues?
The point of view of someone on the list, as I think someone mentioned. Also, the Gambit and Moira.

Some of these issues featured notably more blood and violence than the CW could ever get away with showing. Should the comic have toned this down to better match the show, or did you think this element worked for the stories these issues were telling?
It worked for me. I didn’t realize I was seeing something i wouldn’t normally see on television.

2 Likes

There are definitely plenty of series that do show this level of blood/violence and beyond, I just thought it went above what you’d typically see on the CW. But I was also looking at these issues a lot more closely than maybe someone who might be reading them more casually, in which case I could also understand why it might not stick out as much

1 Like

Is she still a lesbian though? I haven’t seen a definite on that. If not, I feel it will hurt the story more. I definitely think 2 minorities in the 1 character will make for really interesting and socially aware television…

1 Like

The character description for Ryan Wilder said that she’s an out lesbian and Javicia Leslie is bisexual herself, so that part of the Batwoman character will stay alive and well

1 Like

Figured it would. It would be extremely disheartening and a major disservice to the show if they changed that…

1 Like

I guess I took a more casual approach.

1 Like