Arrowverse Couch Club: Constantine Pilot Watch-Along, “Non Est Asylum,” Wednesday, 9/30 @ 9 PM EST/6 PM PST

Before he was a Legend, he was a lowly sorcerer trapped in an asylum, but all that’s about to change. Join us as we look back at John Constantine’s beginnings in the Arrowverse with the pilot episode of his short-lived NBC series, “Non Est Asylum.”

Though the show wasn’t conceived to be a part of the Arrowverse, Matt Ryan’s later appearance on Arrow and subsequent starring role on Legends of Tomorrow gave the producers the chance to retroactively add that version of the character to this continuity. So while it may not be considered a core Arrowverse show like the ones that air(ed) on The CW, it’s still a fascinating section of the universe that left plenty of fans wanting more. There may not be any time-traveling here, but there’s plenty of supernatural horror at the beginning of what’s come to be regarded as arguably one of the best comic book character portrayals in recent history.

You can find the series on DCU right here. And if you’re not a member already, be sure to join the Arrowverse Couch Club, as we’ll continue hosting monthly meetings and special events like this during the ongoing hiatus. Click here for more information and here to join!

6 Likes

I might be watching my niece that weekend, but if I’m available, I’ll totally be here! I’ve been meaning to watch the show for a while now, but I’ve still never seen it. This is a great excuse!

2 Likes

Glad to hear it! Hope to see you back here then! :smiley:

1 Like

After a few delays, we’re finally set to get this going tomorrow night. I’m hoping that plenty of you can join and watch with us!

2 Likes

Sweet i was looking forward to starting this up again!

3 Likes

One hour to go!

Im here

1 Like

Finished superman doomsday just in time

1 Like

Glad you could make it, and w/ 20 minutes to spare!

1 Like

Im here too, just bouncing back and forth between work, and the countdown.

wink

1 Like

Type very slowly
So mainly will lurk

First episode important
Bacause beginning
Tells us stuff not in library
Because
We are missing
The 300 issues
That were Vertigo

This was covered