Arrow: What is up with Oliver’s cell mate?

Funny thing… I don’t know why but I was just thinking when I started watching the latest episode of Arrow was what did Oliver’s cellmate do to earn a cell at a maximum security prison such as Slabside. From the other “residents” there, it looked you had to do something major. Yet they have yet to mention what he is in there for.
Of course, they then point out at the end of the episode that there is more to him than meets the eye, as he framed a Turner for Dunbar’s murder. This does have me intrigued.

1 Like

He felt suspicious since the beginning. I think he is working for Diaz to keep an eye on Oliver.

1 Like

@batman1993 yeah he definitely felt like a traitor or more-than-meets-the-eye.

1 Like

Came to say I get the feeling he’s a plant but u guys have it covered, great minds think alike.

aw, I didn’t see it coming at all

From the very beginning I new something was up with him. My theory is still holding up but I think that he is working for Diaz and trying to get close to Oliver. This theory also holds up with what the next episode is going to be about. But who knows I might be wrong.

Well he was shady but that was a nice misdirect, I thought he’d be worse than he ended up. Still could be I suppose?

In the very first episode of this season, after he gets beat up, he informs Oliver that he was wrongfully accused of murder. They tell you in the first episode. Of course, the episode from this week gave us a lot more of an idea why Stanley’s there. He’s also not a cell mate, but rather a cell neighbor.

1 Like

It does seem that he had a warped admiration for what the green arrow has done but does not understand what being a hero is. I like that he escaped because I am curious to see how far he takes this on the outside.
He made me think Oliver has his own Joker now.

4 Likes

Also I realize now I made a mistake in calling him his cell mate.
Neighbor is more like it. Ooops

2 Likes

Lol! That’s an easy mistake to make. I almost called him that too when I was talking to a friend about this season.

1 Like

He’s Stanley Dover, as in Stanley and his Monster. He was in Kevin Smith’s Quiver storyline and was going to use Ollie to summon a demon (I think he did summon demons). Notice all the talk about demons and the episode called The Demon.

4 Likes

@jlezala.7815 I did not know that but that makes sense. Though knowing these shows they will take a familiar name or concept and change it to fit the show.
I did add the Green Arrow “Quiver” story to my comic list but had not read yet. I think I will now that I finished the Flash “ Born to Run” story.

1 Like

Stanley Dover? I did not catch that. Of course, if he can summon demons he’s in the wrong season. He should have appeared in the dreadful “mystical” season four. I thought Arrow was dead after that season, but this show has bounced back beautifully. Seasons five and six were solid, and the current one is the best since season two.

2 Likes

jlezala

Nice one, I totally didn’t catch that.

1 Like