Arrow Season 8

I would love a Superman show! But yeah I definitely think arrow characters should just be done after arrow. Especially his daughter and all that I think it just needs to rest. However I heard rumors don’t know if it’s true but a birds of prey with laurel I would enjoy

2 Likes

The only thing I’ve heard is the Canaries, the future story, but a new BoP would be awesome, IF they go more faithful to the comic than the forthcoming film…

2 Likes

I have never understood why they didn’t use Thea more. She’s a great cast and always raises every episode she is in. I would definitely have continued watching if she took over the mantle.

2 Likes

Same here. I was sadder when the Earth 2 versions of old friends were dusted than when that spoiler happened in the most recent episode. The future characters haven’t really been established well enough for me to care about what happens to them.

What also doesn’t help is what @superby1 said, that whenever the show is getting good it switches to a flash forward and ruins the momentum. The story with the main cast and the homage to past seasons has been excellent this season, so I get annoyed when it gets interrupted for something that currently feels completely irrelevant to the main story. It just feels like they are taking time away from the story and characters that I want to see.

I wish this season would have solely focused on the main team instead of trying to set up a future spinoff.

3 Likes

I just watched episode 4 and I enjoyed it a lot . I liked the emotion with the new people but didn’t really like the unexplained appearance of them in the past. Can’t wait for next episode with what happened with laurel at the end

2 Likes

I really loved the first episode of season 8, they went heavy on setting up crises by already destroying earth 2. I forgot all about Jessie Quick and Harry… lol watch the writers did too lol. I doubt they’ll show up with everything else already planned but a quick pop up and a few scenes would be good, I think we all really did like both of them! You’d think we’d see them if they were dusted. FB_IMG_1572671362348 man I hope we get to see Diggle put on the green lantern ring and not just an alternate version of him, both would be really fun, if the alternate version was like, “Wanna give it a go”? Lol FB_IMG_1572671377869 I miss wild dog when he first appeared, this him becoming an evil mayor stuff…I’m not feeling the stuff they’ve done with Renee’s character but I liked the wild dog at first and his being a dad was sweet… i know Olliver being mayor got his foot in the door but man, i still just look at the original character and am like nah… Casey Jones from TMNT would not have ran for political office lol although with comics he probably did somewhere. FB_IMG_1572448045116 I saw Stephen amell and his bro are doing some small film work but I’m wondering what on earth will the actor do next? Barrowman has been doing touring shows I’ve watched his Instagram…but haven’t noticed much genuine acting stuff. Amell ought get another big role like welling was in Lucifer after smallville which I found out is actually a DC property and Lucifer may make a crises DC cw appearance which is so wild lol. FB_IMG_1572671380709 they could do a brief Artemis cameo lol have the actress be Artemis from the young justice world, artemis was so cute from young justice, I’m rewatching YJ now and trying to get through all three seasons since they did a new season, hopefully they’ll keep this app alive and keep it up. YJ has a lit of potential to it to just get dropped. FB_IMG_1572671387627 I’m not a huge fan of Katie Cassidy, I like her better as black siren when she was a villain. The monitor saying she needs to betray Olliver lol I’m like - “And? What is new or exciting about her betraying him?” Lol I thought her meeting the monitor was strange and it’s strange how involved the monitor is with the arrow characters… I wonder if the ad where he talks about “Paragons” means Green Arrow may become the spectre or a spectre like being to help resolve Crises… FB_IMG_1572677640594 FB_IMG_1572671359095 having mr. Terrific meet older William and them sharing a felicity role worked better than I expected but her absence is still looming so large…like she really does need at least a brief cameo to close out her story if they continue forward to close out everyone else’s. FB_IMG_1572682886757 I’ve loved Arrow the entire decade we’ve had them, the superfamily will be cool but I mean arrow season two where deathstroke was allowed full run in the cw DC arrowverse was to me just the best it’s ever been and it will be hard to top the miracuru and Slades background with Olliver and just that entire storyline. FB_IMG_1572671353055 follow me on Instagram frank.franks and like my fb page Mr.Mar-Vell

I love that we’re revisiting old locations during this last season. It’s like a goodbye tour. My only gripe, and you’ve all heard me say this time and time again is the flash foward storyline. Now it’s invading the present time and we’ve got to devote valuable time on people who are already getting a spin off, when we should be focusing on those we aren’t going to see for a while.

And I mean no offense to the cast, because if this week showed me anything it’s that actors playing future Mia, William and Connor can more than hold their own acting-wise. Those emotional scenes made me respect them all the more. It’s just this is Arrow’s last season. You’ll have your chance in the spin off.

2 Likes

Yeah I think it’s a bit wack but it’s still my favorite out of the shows and I love watching it so much . We’re already halfway thru :frowning:

1 Like

It’s crazy to think it’ll be over soon.

2 Likes

Started strong, now I’m worried the future characters are going to be allowed to commandeer the show from the OGs. Ep 3&4 were meh. If they are planning a spin off with some of these characters then let Oliver have his curtain call in the final season. Get the kids out.

3 Likes

Episode 3 “Leap of Faith”: I really enjoyed this episode because I loved the interaction/scenes between Ollie and Thea, and the whole Indiana Jones-vibe of finding the key to the Monitor. It was nice to have a revisit of the League of Assassins. I actually enjoyed the flash forwards in this episode because things were finally coming to a head. Plus I simply love William, and seeing his half-sister Mia finally admit that she likes having him for a brother (paraphrasing). It was sad to see Zoe killed especially knowing she is alive and well in the past. The final moment of that episode was insanely excellent! My sister and I were literally :open_mouth: when Oliver turned around to see the future Team Arrow staring at him.

Episode 4 “Present Tense”: I guess I’m a bit of a minority, but I simply loved this episode. It’s right up there with S8 premiere episode for me. I loved the merging of both Team Arrows, awkward family reunions, and the aftermath/ramifications of the future/present. I’ve always been a fan of Oliver Queen bonding with his children in the comics. I just love seeing that family side to Oliver, and I thought this episode nailed it in their own interpretation. I loved how William was the bridge between Ollie and Mia. It was nice to finally see Mia just finally interacting with her father. To say things that stewed inside her for years. It was also so bittersweet and touching of Oliver seeing Mia and William grown up. He thought he would never see them again, and BAM here they are. I just simply loved the Queen family bonding throughout the whole episode whether it be arguing to having a bite to eat.

I also enjoyed that Dinah was the bridge between Rene and Diggle. I found those scenes involving Rene, Diggle, and Dinah so compelling to me. They are arguing about a future that hasn’t happened yet to try to change the future. I just thought the whole dialogue discussion was touching, compelling, and intriguing because how can one seriously process what might happen in the future.

I loved the ending montage of seeing all the chess pieces coming into play of Diggle being a father to Conner, Oliver bonding with his adult children, Rene campaigning in the Glades, and starting the Canaries earlier rather than later. I’m curious how the anti-matter weapon will come into play. I hope Laurel doesn’t betray Ollie considering now Lyla is in the fray and could potentially do some betraying herself. Looking forward to going back to Russia, and more Queen family interaction in the next episode.

2 Likes

So far there have been call backs to season 1, 2, 3, and the upcoming episode looks like it’ll be the homage to season 5’s flashbacks. I wonder if season 4 will get any nods or if they’ll skip it. At the very least, I hope they’ll bring back Anarky for an episode.

1 Like

As Arrow finishes filming for the final time and we get closer and closer to the end of the series’ broadcast life, I find myself looking back and regretting that I chose to give up on the series, not because of anything that it itself had done, but because of something that one of the series it spawned, Legends of Tomorrow, had done, instead of judging it on its own merits.

It spinoff flash batwoman legends

1 Like

I’m really, really going to miss this show when it’s over. Even though the last couple of seasons have been disappointing, it’s always been my favourite Arrowverse show and they are going out on such a high note. After last night’s episode, all I want is a show where Ollie fights crime with his two adult children.

2 Likes

Another great episode last night, bringing back yet another beloved character to say a proper goodbye. I know these are incredibly unique circumstances (shortened season, setting up a huge crossover event, the promise of a spin-off for at least some of the regulars), but this really is an exceptional final season for a show.

3 Likes

I was so bitter when Quentin only got an off-screen death w/ nobody getting a chance to say goodbye, so this was a much-needed redemption. Arrow really can do no wrong this season

1 Like

As long as they don’t bring back Diaz, I’d say you’re right!

1 Like

Episode 5 “Prochnost”: This episode was a so-so for me, but I really enjoyed the Queen family aspect of the episode the most. It was nice to see Oliver open up about his past to his children. Anatoly was also a highlight from the episode. I’m glad Laurel didn’t betray Oliver in the end.

Episode 6 “Reset”: I thoroughly enjoyed this episode! I loved seeing Green Arrow and Black Canary team up to save Mayor Quentin. It was so nice to have Quentin back as well. All three actors just have great chemistry together that I forgot how much I missed them together. It was heartbreaking seeing Quentin die in front of Laurel, but I’m glad she got the closure she always wanted. Overall, one of my favorites from the season.

Episode 7 “Purgatory”: As a set-up to Crisis this wasn’t too shabby. I really enjoyed William’s support and advice he gave to Oliver and Mia. To have them realize to meet each other midway. What happened to Roy was intense!! I wasn’t expecting the show to actually show it. I hope they bring Roy into the spinoff show. I find him one of the most interesting Team Arrow characters. However, I’m biased because I love Roy’s character in general. It was predictable that Lyla was going to transform into Harbinger, but I really liked how she became the character. It was nice to see Yao Fei again, and continue to mentor Oliver into the next chapter of his life.

Wow, only one more month left for Arrow and it is off the air…

1 Like