Arrow Season 8

OMG. Season 8 of arrow is so good!!! Why is it so good!!! Stephen Amell and Katie Cassidy are killing it this season. Her acting in episode 2 was so emotional and amazing . This is hands down the best arrow verse show of the year so far and the best ever imo. Arrow had a few dips halfway through (Season 4) but aside from that i love the show so much.

12 Likes

It really seems like they’re going all out for the final season, which is great to see. Sure there have been some underwhelming stretches, but the show still deserves to go out with a bang. It’s still early, but it’s so great to see that they’re on track to do just that

7 Likes

I concur totally!! But have y’all noticed that Arrow’s villains have been Batman and titan villains? I’m a day one Arrow fan. Credits to all the creators!!

8 Likes

Love all the nods to past seasons im really into the future stuff i want JJ to turn good but ilike him evil

3 Likes

I just need Dig to put the green ring on. They’re either foreshadowing this hard or they’re teasing us. I hope the first.

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure that’ll happen in Crisis. It’ll probably be an alternate earth Dig, but that’d still be better than nothing

3 Likes

Bringing Tatsu back got me hyped! The only thing im not a big fan on is the future flashbacks. I cant stand Mia.

5 Likes

I thought the S8 premiere was amazing! I loved all the callbacks to the show’s pilot episode, and the set-up for Crisis. Errr…scratch that…the Crisis has already begun. When Earth-2 was disappearing my mouth literally felt like it was dropping on the floor. You guys should go back to the clip from The Flash’s S2 finale when Cisco sees Earth-2 dying. You see how the world disappears from another point of view. It’s so heartbreaking. I hope Jessie Quick and Harry survived somehow…right? :cry:

The second episode was great because I really loved how they did the grief of Laurel and the demise of Earth-2. The perspective of someone from that Earth. Now the question I have is has Lyla been playing along with Team Arrow this whole time? When did the Monitor recruit her? Questions…and more questions. I’m looking forward to next week’s episode with Thea.

8 Likes

Love the new season but much like last year, just when things start to get good they halt the story to do the flash forwards, which I am not a fan of.

6 Likes

I’m glad you brought up Harry and Jesse. I really hope they were on another earth or managed to get away at the last second. Crisis is gonna need to be all hands on deck, and they would be a huge help in the coming battles

4 Likes

Finally got to watch episode 2 this afternoon, and it was a great continuation of the premiere. I recently rewatched S3 so it was great seeing Tatsu again. I’m not loving the future stuff even though I like Mia and Connor — it just doesn’t mix well with Ollie’s story so far. Still, the season is off to a great start and I can’t wait for episode 3.

3 Likes

Her deal with the Monitor is definitely connected to losing her unit in Afghanistan. The way she hesitated after telling Laurel about it made me think there was more to the story. She prayed for someone to ease her pain and the Monitor answered.

1 Like

Katie Cassidy is absolutely amazing! She, Black Canary, and Green Arrow are the reason I started watching the show. If they keep giving Katie material like this to work with, I’m all in for the spin-off. Stephen has really matured into this Oliver that they’ve created for the CW. He’s no longer just Green Batman. It sucks it took this long for the show to get to GA/BC being at their best, but I’m glad we’re getting it.

4 Likes

I had a similar inkling as well when she was retelling her story. Wasn’t there an episode or two when Lyla and Diggle talked about that incident in the earlier seasons? Or was that another war incident that only involved Diggle? I knew I should have done an Arrow rewatch this summer :laughing:

2 Likes

It definitely seems to be revisiting the past seasons, like a love letter to the fans. Gonna be an emotional roller coaster this year…

2 Likes

Episode 3 was amazing ! Loved the return of the league of assassins and Thea. Missed her on the show, glad she was back

3 Likes

I am having a hard time getting invested in the “next gen” plot and characters, but every second Amell, and Cassidy onscreen is golden.

7 Likes

That ending! :0

2 Likes

You know, it’s funny, but I also missed Thea.

4 Likes

They are definitely going out on a high note. I am not a huge fan of the flash forward, but I do like it better than last season. I will also say I more hope for the Superman show than the future Arrow show to be picked up for next season…

1 Like