Arrow Depression

With this being the last season of Arrow we are EVER gonna get, am I the only one out there feeling a deep sense of depression? Every episode is kinda like your last few weeks of High School, where you and your girlfriend/boyfriend will be going to different colleges. Only this is like going to a different EARTH entirely! I, for one, will be watching the last episode with bated breath, and a case of Kleenex nearby, and would just like to know I’m not the ONLY person out there to feel this way!

3 Likes

It’s definitely sad, but the series ending at this point still makes sense. It’s very difficult for any show to maintain a high level of quality 8 seasons into its run, so it’s a noble decision on the part of Amell and the writers to wrap up the story before it overstays its welcome. The fact that they’re choosing to go out on their own terms likely means that we’ll get the best possible ending for the series and Oliver, and I’d definitely rather have that then have the show potentially be put out of its misery or something several years later

3 Likes

I’m gonna miss this show like hell, but I’d rather it end with a great short season 8 than run ten years and have the last five be like seasons 6 & 7 were.

2 Likes

Trust me, you’re not alone. I’ve been watching Arrow since the beginning, and despite the diminishing quality of the last few seasons, season 8 has really been knocking it out of the park, giving the show a nice high note to end on.

3 Likes

You’re not alone man! Stephen Amell will be missed! I bet he will make some cameos still.

3 Likes

Same. This is what started the Arrow Verse shows! I was so hooked when I first started watching it (whilst season 2 was airing), my fiancé hit me the box set and I never looked back! This is still my favorite show on The CW, I will be really said when it ends. :frowning:

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s really hit me yet. I also love Laurel and she’s my favorite. Knowing that she might continue on in the spinoff if it’s picked up is probably keeping me from getting too sad about it. It’s also hard to be sad when the season has been as good as it has. I’d rather it end like this, than come back and hit me with another season 4.

2 Likes

It’ll be sad to see the show go. It’s been said before, but even with how the last couple of seasons went, Arrow has been something really special. Amell has made Oliver Queen his own.

My only gripe is, I wish the stuff with the kids in the future was contained to one episode. We only have a certain amount of time with Oliver and the team before they’re gone forever, and the kids are already getting their spin off, so to have them in the present day takes away from time we could be spending with the characters we won’t see again.

2 Likes

Soooooooo CORRECT! I wish it wasn’t literally taking up half of the last season, I understand they’re trying to set things up for their Legacy characters, but half of each episode? When there’s a CRISIS afoot?

1 Like

And it’s not like the actors playing the kids are bad. They’re quite good! But a lot of that could be explored in their own show. Anytime things are starting to get good, the story grinds to a halt to focus on them.

1 Like

Thank you so much! Now I don’t have to feel so weird when my wife is laughing at me while I’m in tears!!

I think this has been one of the strongest seasons. Maybe because they have fewer episodes and something has to happen each episode to move it forward. I also feel they are confronting his fate more positively than the Flash. The flash has seemed to be depressing and sorrowful in episodes while Arrow seems to be trying to keep doing something and not dwell on the fact that he is to die as well.
I also love all the callbacks tips previous seasons. I especially liked the Reset episode as I like Groundhog Day, not Edge of Tomorrow, and liked seeing Quentin again. I liked him having his goodbye scenes with Ollie and Laurel. Made me cry

2 Likes

One of the best things about the latest episode was how much respect you could tell Quentin and Ollie had for each other. I especially liked seeing that Quentin just believed in Ollie when he said what was happening. After all there has been too much strange stuff to doubt him now. The fact that he just wanted to help made me miss him more.

3 Likes

Arrow has always been my favorite CW DC show. If it was time to go, I’m just glad they’re doing it on such a high note. There has not been a single down episode this season, they’ve worked all the characters we want to see into the season seamlessly, it’s gonna be sad.

1 Like