Are You Ready For A Black Batman?

Wait, if Black Lightning became Batman, would he be called Bat Lightning?

4 Likes

Would he use electrolocation?

1 Like

Would the be called Electrorangs?

Boltorangs, me thinks. Batbolts, mayhaps?

1 Like

Iā€™m more interested in how they handle the transition than who ends up under the cowl. Theyā€™ve already had Bruce Wayne paralyzed, dead, and (I think) suffering from amnesia to explain his previous absences. Assuming this isnā€™t a Batman Inc. thing where he just wants another person in the costume, what is the story that takes Bruce Wayne out of the suit and has him either choose a successor or causes someone else to step into the role? If that story is good (and the replacement Batman is written as a compelling character in their own right) I donā€™t care if itā€™s Crispus Allen or Luke Fox or someone totally new, and Iā€™m not bothered if itā€™s a temporary thing.

1 Like

One manā€™s f the long lost Wayans brothers? Bruce Wayans

2 Likes

*one of the

You know mods, an edit button would help my crappy jokes land better

I couldnā€™t read the article due to all the ads on that page slowing down my computer, but in a nutshell, yes. The bat is a symbol and can be taken up by anyone. I will accept the characterization of almost anyone being Batman. I didnā€™t like Batman Beyond because it wasnā€™t Bruce Wayne as Batman, but in other worlds on the multiverse there are different versions of Bruce Wayne, just like the different versions of all the characters. That stuff is perfectly fine with me.

They changed the Jokerā€™s origin (of which there are many) and made a totally new character for him in the upcoming Joker movie. Iā€™m not mad about that. Itā€™s a different version. So the same goes for Batman or any character. Different versions are good to broaden horizons.

1 Like