Are You an Artist? If So, Who Are You & How Long Have You Been Drawing?

Hey I am new here

1 Like

Now that the app is able to show pictures, Iā€™d love to see everyoneā€™s art! Show me what you got!

2 Likes

Is there any way to directly respond to a comment or message someone on this app?

jamesfiser1950.41568, I donā€™t know if youā€™ll see this or not, but I sympathize with your situation. Iā€™m an aspiring photographer and I share some of the fears that you mentioned in your comment. I just finished college, and although it feels good to be done with school, Iā€™m now at the point where I have to take a leap of faith in order to pursue my dream and thatā€™s scary
Since I graduated, Iā€™ve been trying to do freelance photo work, but itā€™s been tough getting hired for anything. Like you said, Iā€™m trying to keep in mind that no one has an easy go of things at first. But even when you know that, overcoming your fears about the future and your artistic abilities can be a really difficult challenge.

One piece of advice that was helpful to me in fighting some of my fears was to realize that your success doesnā€™t necessarily live or die just based on how proficient you are at your craft. You definitely need to work hard and learn what youā€™re doing of course. But your attitude, professionalism, unique style, patience, and determination all play a big part in succeeding as well. Realizing that kind of helped me get out of my head a bit and start looking at the bigger picture, instead of just worrying about if I was good enough/talented enough to make it. I donā€™t know if thatā€™s helpful to you or not, but it certainly was to me, so I thought Iā€™d share. Hope itā€™s of some use, if only a little.

Anyway, sorry for the long rambling post. For what itā€™s worth, you have my support. I know itā€™s a rough process.
Best of luck, hang in there! Hope to see some of your work here at some point!

3 Likes

My name is frederick, I am artist. I started late life drawing, served my country first for 24 years and needed something to do after I left the military. I picked up a pencil and couldnā€™t put it down. I love what the pencil does on paper, canvases, etc. I got my degree in Visual Arts and Batman has always been model. I created my own line of characters in hopes to have my very own series of comics along side of my Batman collection.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been drawing since February of 2018. Iā€™d like to think Iā€™ve made good progress

1 Like

You can look at my stuff on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/comic__book__king

1 Like

Iā€™ve been drawing since i was a kid. More into coloring. Took a break from actively drawing. Trying to get back into it

https://www.facebook.com/OddDrawArtworks/

1 Like

Here is my art site

1 Like

My name is Shaugn and Iā€™m a tattoo artist! I started out aspiring to be in comics and I think it reflects that in my tattoos, Iā€™ll always love comic books and still hope to finish my own someday! You can see my art on Instagram under allfathersdaddy.

1 Like

My name is Flora and Iā€™m a fanartist! I mainly draw fanart of things Iā€™m passionate aboutā€¦ DC WILL FOREVER BE MY LIFE

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been drawing since I was a kid. Iā€™ve always been inspired by comic art. These days I mostly post to Instagram but I have had some commission work, some of which has been published (not as comic booksā€¦) royjohnson.myportfolio.com/

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been drawing since I was a child, but my intrest in art really took off in 3rd grade.

1 Like

Beautiful art! I love the flame/lights in background.

1 Like

@ Carpenter.Redhook LOVE!!! More of you guys should post your work.
Iā€™ve been drawing for as long as I can remember and always appreciate seeing othersā€™ art.

I havenā€™t drawn in some time nowā€¦ But hopefully one of these days Iā€™ll get back into it!

1 Like

@KittyKrawler, maybe posting some of your early work will help inspire you! (hint hint)

2 Likes

For me I always loved drawing as a kid, but ever since 2014 my dream was to be a comic book artist, but iā€™m still learning everyday

1 Like

Iā€™ve been drawing since I was a child took classes at the Marwin art institute and Chicago art institute and even had one of my drawing sent to Washington DC art museum, I draw like an expert but hate drawing because it takes me 7 hours to days to draw because of the amount of detail I draw with.

1 Like

my intire life im 14

i cant draw

I love drawing sci-fi characters! Iā€™m @dennisdrawsorlando on Instagram and I publish art on my site: dennisdraws.com . My YouTube channel is called Dennis Draws & Designs. Check it out!

1 Like

@Applejack
My early work is not DC-related. lolzz