Are titles being rotated in/out? I don't like it..n

Some new content was added but some was pulled. Is this service going to rotate content? Glad I got too see Superman 3 the other day before it returned to the Disney vault…

1 Like

I’d like to add I’m here forever either way but I figured unlike Netflix they own this stuff so it would just be here. I liked the idea of being able to throw on Batman Returns if the mood struck but…no? It’s not a dealbreaker but unexpected.

@JimmyHaole, we are indeed updating the comics. This is in response to the overwhelming feedback we received from fans to make sure that we have full runs of all comics, not just a “sampling”. Please rest assured that the section is currently under construction, and not finalized by a long shot. You can expect a more official announcement before the end of the month that outlines the final picture of our content. Even if you’ve noticed some things getting pulled, this does not mean they are gone for good.

4 Likes

@JimmyHaole, ownership is a very grey area here. Yes, this DC content, but DC is owned by Warner Brothers. So, DC has to operate largely how WB sees fit. I don’t know if the rotation is a call from up high on WB’s part, or DC’s way of licensing out content for added revenue, or both, but it is what it is,

2 Likes

To be honest, I don’t see a problem with rotating content simply because that is less storage space that DC has to buy and or rent. This will keep the cost down and rates down. Also, @Truth_of_Pisces does make a very good point on the ownership issue.

1 Like

They still have contracts out with other networks to run product. I know HBO has been running a lot of the DC Animated films lately. And I think they get to run those exclusively. My guess is once all the licenses signed before DCUs launch end, we’ll see this stuff hang around more. Also keep in mind, WB makes a lot of money licensing stuff out. It’s money they use to make that exclusive material like Titans, Young Justice, Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing and Stargirl. It’s basically a necessary evil for a channel like this, at least until they get a large subscription base.

6 Likes

@csidet THIS GUY gets it!

2 Likes

I wonder how hard it is to scan, and make comics readable on here. like someone has to most likely sit there and make sure the panel to panel thing works. I do not envy that hose guys

1 Like

It means they get to read a crap ton of comics as a result though, lol.

1 Like

After thinking it over it IS better. I now watch more and read more so I catch it while it’s there. I’m wrong often so it’s nothing new.