Are There Gotham Academy Fans Here?

Hey need a place to talk about Gotham Academy? I sure do! Who is your favorite? Do want more of the comic? Where do you think the story should go? Should it be a show?

51cChDxfcaL.SX321_BO1,204,203,200.jpg

5 Likes

A Gotham Academy cartoon has the potential to be all kinds of wonderful fun. It’d make for a great DCU Original show.

4 Likes

Uhh… heck yes! I’d watch that!

4 Likes

I’d watch the heck out of a Gotham Academy cartoon as well. I think there’s a lot of potential for fun and mayhem with a show like that and with the characters involved. My favorite character is Maps and I would really like to see more of the comic. It was a breath of fresh air to me and I really enjoyed it a lot. As for where the story should go I’ve no idea but surely there are other mysteries to solve at the Academy now that Olive’s is solved.

3 Likes

I agree! A cartoon would be so cool. Gotham is place full of mysteries and Gotham academy would be such cool place and expand on the lore of Gotham city. Also the characters are just fresh and adorable!

2 Likes

I love this series. I’ve been hoping for an animated show ever since I first read it.

3 Likes

i agree i would watch an animated show

3 Likes

I think i only read the first arc of the series, but I remember really liking it. And it is a pretty solid idea/premise for a show, animated or live action.

3 Likes

Reread this series last night, and it’s a really underrated gem, though I think it would have been much better if they’d released it as four graphic novels rather than trying to make it an ongoing with both art and writer shifts. And the attempt to tie it into Robin War, while understandable, really didn’t work very well.

That being said, the art shift wasn’t as jarring as I’d remembered, largely because of the consistent painted coloring by Myssyk. And the plotlines are all clearly organic, even if sometimes there’s a bit of a head scratcher on some of the actions.

So many truly beloved characters and ideas here, especially Maps and Katherine. Really glad that we’re getting small pieces in things from Immortal Wonder Woman, Batman Black and White, and now the Batman 119-121 backups.

2 Likes

Would be wonderful to see a new ongoing series. And a live action adaptation!

2 Likes

Or heck, a Webtoon! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just wanted to pop in and mention that Brave and the Bold #10 this week has a brand new Gotham Academy story coming, which is the first of a three part story! I’m there so I can not be square! :smiley:

Writer/artist Karl Kerschl has posted some snippets from the story on his twitter!

I’m extremely excited!

3 Likes

Maps looks like she is learning to fight through fencing. Can’t wait to see her use that knowledge to become a great Robin :blush:

3 Likes

YES! She’s taking the path of Bruce - dedicating her life to collecting the skills she will need to be the World’s Greatest Crimefighter! :smiley:

3 Likes

I really enjoyed this series! Maps was a great character! I need a Maps and Cass team up comic.

1 Like

They teamed up in Batgirl: Bat Girl Summer! :smiley: But I want MORE! (I also want more of Steph and Kyle, and Steph teaming up with Maps too!)

2 Likes

Guess what just went to the top of my reading list?

2 Likes

So, I know Brave and the Bold #10 doesn’t drop for ultra members until next month, but I’m very curious if anyone else picked up the hard copy to read the new Gotham Academy adventure? :smiley: My shop only orders one copy a month, so I made sure to snag it and put it in my pull list, at least for these three months.

1 Like