Are there any redeeming qualities about the Green Lantern movie?

I’m the guy who always starts an argument with my nerd buddies because I like both Green Lantern and Superman Returns. I know somewhere else on this app I stated that I could easily come up with a dozen or more CBM’s that were far worse than GL and Returns.

1 Like

@Jay_Kay I loved when Carol called him out too! Haha!

I thought Mark Strong was perfect as Sinestro. I really wish he got to do more, either in this movie or in a sequel. Most of the characters were well cast, in my opinion.

I think if the end battle was a bigger space extravaganza instead of just Hal and six others showing up, then audiences may have been more pumped walking out. Also, I think Parallax looks cooler in the comics; I’m not sure why big space monsters looked cloudy back then (someone else mentioned Galactus).

1 Like

I think the cgi for the GL constructs look pretty good. I believe this movie is okay. Not fantastic but not bad either, just like the Fantastic Four movies with Chris Evans as the Human Torch.

2 Likes

To finally see the GL power ring in action on the big screen…damn, but I didn’t see it 3d …regretting it now

The scene about how a mask does nothing to hide your identity was really funny to me

1 Like

The scene about how a mask does nothing to hide your identity was really funny to me

1 Like

Honestly for me the movie was really good. Granted I’m no comic nerd or anything I just like superhero movies. The CG was excellent and we had top notch actors. I love Sinestro I can feel the pride and strong will to do anything necessary that Mark Strong brought to the big screen. Ryan Reynolds did a great job as Hal Jordan. The late Great Michael Clarke Duncan did a fantastic voice over for Kilowog . Honestly the only superhero movie I can TRULY say that was just plain bad was the recent Fantastic 4.

1 Like