Are Gotham Knights and Suicide Squad: Kill Justice League Both Set In The Arkham-verse?

It’s pretty obvious why Gotham Knights isn’t in the Arkham continuity – because they want to make something new and different.

And while the CG trailer does tell us that Bruce Wayne seemingly dies from an explosion much like the end of Arkham Knight, let’s be real here – with the Court of Owls as the main enemy, they’re probably the ones that did it, or at least caused Bruce to blow himself up.

Don’t forget Penguin. Between City and Knight, Cobblepot looks like he aged ten years.

I know that the suicide squad game is theoretically in the arkhamverse, but for the most part, I’m going to consider both of them their own universes unless there is some obvious tie in to the arkham games.

1 Like

True, though shaving his head completely definitely aged him up more. I’d attribute the difference to that more so than any general inconsistencies

Turns out the developers confirmed that suicide squad is set in the arkham verse while Gotham knights is it’s own universe(even though I do think it’s should be vice versa)

Called shot: I’m predicting that the last boss of Gotham Knights is a Talonized Bruce Wayne.

2 Likes

Deadshot is black because Will Smith was casted as him in the movies, cuz they think mainstream audiences are more familiar with that iteration, and it may be a mandate from the higher ups to make the cast more diverse for the sake of diversity.
Why they can’t just get a pre-existing black villain instead of race swapping a white villain? Because that would make too much sense, obviously.

I have absolutely no problem w/ Deadshot being black in general - he can still be just as badass regardless of what race he is. Plus he’s so connected to the Squad that it’d be hard to make a video game about them w/out him. But you also make a good point about adding in a villain who’s already black while keeping Deadshot the same. Hopefully there’ll be characters added post-launch that’ll help make the group even more diverse

1 Like

I was thinking along those same lines. That or he gets brainwashed into being a member of the Court.

Gotham Knights is not. Suicide Squad is. Personally I feel it should be the other way around.

1 Like

It is going to be pretty cool

I believe that Suicide Squad is, based on Rocksteady being the creators here. I did read, however, that Gotham Knights, by WB Montreal, was not following Arkhamverse. Although, that could change.

1 Like