Are GLTAS and HQ any good?

I was considering watching Green Lantern the Animated Series and reading the more recent Harley Quinn comic series (I believe most of the issues have the DC Rebirth label, mainly said this as to not cause confusion) and I was wondering if any of you would recommend them? I’m asking if any of you think they’re good or worth looking into?
Edit: Due to me still getting comments about GLTAS I want to clarify that I have already watched the entire series and enjoyed it.

3 Likes

Haven’t read harley Quinn yet but green lantern is definitely worth the watch. It’s has a very good story and is an amazing show

7 Likes

Totally give GLtAS a try! I love it. The story and characters are great.

7 Likes

If you like BTAS you’ll probably like GLTAS

2 Likes

Green Lantern: The Animated Series is a modern classic.

Rebirth Harley Quinn is fun. I lean towards the Palmiotti/Conner/Timms stuff.

3 Likes

GLTAS is great. Definitely worth a watch. Same high quality as BTAS, STAS, JL/JLU, and Batman Beyond.

1 Like

Why was there not a Season 2?

Weak Green Lantern movie toy sales, which convinced a goofy executive at Cartoon Network to axe the show.

That decision was made before Mattel even had a chance to release their GLTAS toys, which likely would’ve sold much better than those based on the movie.

1 Like

Thanks. I really think a remade Green Lantern movie could be really good. Picking the right lead is super important. Ryan Reynolds has shown to be very good in other comic franchise movies, but wasn’t the right choice to be Green Lantern. Unfortunately, you don’t know that until it is too late.

1 Like

New 52 Harley was a masterpiece I think but I love Jimmy and Amanda!

1 Like

Absolutely give Green Lantern: TAS a try! An incredible shame it never came back for season 2.

The new Harley Quinn series is the best thing on here. Its very adult in content, dc meets family guy with no censors.

The Green Lantern animated series is excellent. It’s so much better than I expected. True, the CGI can be a bit basic and bland at times, simple lines and color palettes. It turns some off. But don’t let that deter you. This is a well written, action packed show work serious themes. Great music throughout. I’ve watched it several times when it was on Netflix. Can’t wait to enjoy again. Crushed there was only one season, but you’ll have gone on a real journey in that one season

1 Like

Yea it is! I just started watching it again, I haven’t watched it since it 2012 so I totally forgot how good this story was for the show. I mean I’m on Episode 3 but I do remember how the series ended and I feel like this show need the Young Justice treatment. At least for one more season so we can see what happen with Razar and also they where thinking about adding Guy, Kyle, and John with Hal I would love to have seen that acted out on screen.

GLTAS: yes

HQ: depends on your taste of humor. If you like foul language and Adult Swim style shows then yeah you will probably like it enough. If excessive cursing and violence is not your preference than most likely won’t care for it.

1 Like

It’s the show that got me into DC comics. Yes you should watch it and then read Geoff Johns run after.
Also it had Volpe.

1 Like