Are DC Villains More Popular Than DC Heroes?

It’s been a while since I’ve made a debating topic, this is all just for fun and I would love to see everybody’s point of view, including the @moderators.
I was just watching 1989 Batman on HBO Max, I remember hearing how The Joker stole the show.
I started thinking, are Villains more popular then the heroes?
When watching Batman, you just can’t help wanting to see your favorite Villain like Joker, Penguin, Catwoman and many more. It seem like they’re more popular then Batman.
But what about Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash and many other DC heroes? Are their Rouge Gallery Villains more popular then them like Lex Luthor, Cheetah, or Captain Cold?
Here’s a poll…

Are DC Villains More Popular Then DC Heroes?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Please feel free to leave a comment on your point of view. There’s no wrong answer on this.:slightly_smiling_face:

In my opinion I’d vote yes, because without these Villains, our heroes wouldn’t last long to be popular, so I think the Villain’s popularity like Joker and Lex Luthor do help. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I hate to say it, but it seems so. Characters like Harley or Deathstroke are very popular. Also, the best heroes have the best Rogues Galleries. Batman has a very deep bench. Flash has a lot of great villains. Superman has a good set of villains.

I’m still a hero guy and I don’t know if people buy comics because of the villain. Other than Harley, Slade, Catwoman, and Red Hood has any villain have a long running series? Joker didn’t. The Secret Society of Super-Villains didn’t. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I have to admit, as much as I enjoy the heroes, I do find myself wanting the villain to come out on top once in awhile.

4 Likes

I am way more popular

2 Likes

DC has given movies to the Joker, Black Adam, Catwoman, Harley and the Suicide Squad, so it seems to be a legit question.

Batman might tip it in favor of the heroes, but people seem to want him to act as villainous as possible.

2 Likes

Yet I am still the peak of heroism.

2 Likes

This is a tough one… I feel like when people think of DC, they immediately think of (in no particular order) Joker, Superman, Batman, Harley Quinn, and Wonder Woman. To me it seems like these characters are absolutely everywhere and always thought of and brought up. That was 2 baddies vs 3 goodies, so it feels like it’s close for sure.

3 Likes

I think it depends on the hero. Other than Cheetah, Wonder Woman doesn’t really have any well known rogues. Batman, Superman, and Flash all have a bunch of popular villains.

2 Likes

Tbh yess

2 Likes

I don’t think the villains are more popular than the heroes. We think of Joker et. al as “Batman villains”. We don’t think of Batman & Co as “Joker heroes”.

2 Likes

I don’t know if more popular is quite accurate. Without turning things into a petty fandom war, I think it’s fair to say the villains in DC are often more prolific than the ones in Marvel and can hold their own.

3 Likes

Deep in his heart of hearts, you just know Batman wishes he was as cool as Harley Quinn.

2 Likes

I can confirm that is false. In my heart of hearts I wish I was as cool as Scooby-Doo.

3 Likes

So THAT’S why you hang out with him so much.

2 Likes