Are Batman’s Contingency Plans Good Idea or Bad?

Justice Buster, Brother Eye, Tower of Babel, Doom, need I go on?
Is Bruce unnecessarily and dangerously paranoid or safely prepared in a paranoid way?
I will provide a vote but I prefer a reason.

• Bad idea
  • Good idea
  • It depends ( justification must be provided for this one)

0 voters

2 Likes

Sometimes they pay off, sometimes they backfire.

I say it depends. While well intended, you can’t always forsee how your ideas and plans can be altered or manipulated. Someone perhaps more wise than I once told me that all plans fall to opposition. In my eyes, it’s better to not be that fully prepared. It’s not bad to have a plan, but leave gaps. Room for error and correction. Space for deviancy from the plan. And always have a backup plan riddled with just as many holes. And another. But don’t build up this golden idea and hope it never fails. Everything fails

2 Likes

Don’t ever question Bruce, what he does is for the sake of the world. #cheesy

2 Likes

It was a good idea, but he should’ve told at least the founding members

1 Like

I’ve never liked this idea, especially when it comes to plans against other heroes. It’s part of that annoying “Bat-God” trope. Writers took elements from Dark Knight Returns, folded them into then-modern stories and we ended up with a paranoid Batman who has to always have plans against everyone just to show he’s the best in the world even though he doesn’t have powers (powers don’t make a hero, I should add, but it comes off as an inferiority complex with some writers)

My biggest gripe? Batman’s plans usually get stolen and used against the heroes. Tower of Babel and the whole Brother Eye thing were two shining examples.

2 Likes