Are Batman's Actions Justified?

It really does depend. In every case it must be asked if the end justifies the means. Break the law to stop a person who stole a piece of candy? No! Break the law to stop the extinction of the multiverse ? Yes

1 Like

Then here!
New, better suited poll!

• They are.
  • They are NOT.
  • It depends.

0 voters

2 Likes

This poll reminds me of the SNL skit “Wayne Thanksgiving.” :joy:

2 Likes

It depends. It doesn’t do to try to over generalize. Hitler tied his shoes. Is tying shoes bad? No, but Hitler’s action on the whole were. Batman does some bad things but ultimately his actions are justified if the means and ends are both done with high moral standards. The law exists to help people, if the law cannot help people or hurts people, the law must be broken. Batman lives in a place where the corruption is so high that working with the law will hurt innocent people. So, he starts working outside the law in order to help people. Were there better ways to do it? Maybe, but that isn’t the question. The question is did he do a good thing or a bad thing on the whole. Anyone who helps innocent people without hurting innocent people is doing a good thing.

This has been NML’s Ted Talk of the day. Come back next week and I will talk about the morality of free trade with Apokolips.

1 Like

I am against it.

1 Like

(I was totally joking about that, but now I kind of want to start a thread). I have no idea how I feel about it. Probably a bad idea but from a legal and ethical perspective…

1 Like

Go ahead and start it and I will fight to avoid free trade with Apokolips.

#FreeTheLowlies!!!

2 Likes