:00_aquaman_rebirth: Aquamen Discussion Thread (Spoilers) :00_aquaman_rebirth:

Check this out, Aquafans! :point_down:t2: :00_aquaman:

1 Like

Well, instead I asked it in the Q&A here on the forums, and they said ā€œstay tunedā€ :wink:

1 Like

Cool beans. Hope for the best! :crossed_fingers:t2:

Is all we can do! :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, anyone read #1, yet?

Its in my stack, but Iā€™ve only flipped through it, so far.

I will say that seeing Black Manta as being someone that the Aquamen are going to work with looks interesting. Will he betray them, or be an actual ally?

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure heā€™ll work w/ them as long as itā€™s beneficial to him. And as soon as theyā€™re no longer useful to him, heā€™ll stab them in the back. He might offer Jackson 1 more chance to join him, but both he and Arthur have gotta keep their eyes open for the inevitable betrayal

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see him turn.

However, I would be pleasantly surprised to see Manta put down his trident and, for once, do the right thing, even if he does go back to being Artā€™s numero uno baddy afterward.

1 Like

The ā€˜oceanā€™ (there are plenty of ā€˜em, btw) has HAD more than one heroā€”for six decades. Sadly, itā€™s DC Comics that doesnā€™t seem to know it. I read ā€˜Aquamanā€™ titles for over 50 yearsā€”for GARTH. (Remember Tempest, anyone? Not to mention Mera)? I have no idea where my favorite aqua-mage hero is now, since DC seems obsessed with pushing Jackson in all thingsā€¦everywhere. Frankly, that kid is just not that interesting; neither was Kaldur, his morose cartoon version. After that mini-series and issue #1 of ā€˜Aquamen,ā€™ I am about ready to just give up on Atlantis, which is really tough to say after all this time. Whenever you get back to writing about my favorite prince, his own kingdom and his awesome powers, give me a yell. Until then, I am seriously bored with Arthur weirdly grinning all the time and giving Jackson the kind of helicopter parenting pep-talks that make kids cringe.

#NoTempestNoPeace