:00_aquaman_rebirth: Aquamen Discussion Thread (Spoilers) :00_aquaman_rebirth:

While not incorrect, since Deep Target is advertised as leading into Aquamen, and not into a GA series, I think the trajectory is clear - it’s an Aquabook.

Wonder Woman, much as I wish I could say this was not true, cannot sustain multiple books at once. I partly think this is a failure on DC’s part - they’ve tried over and over again (and currently have three or four Wonder books going on leading into their event). But the Aquabooks and the Wonder books are not selling nearly as much as I would hope for.

I agree that Aquaman has earned his time in the sun - but sadly, I don’t think my feeling is shared by enough fans to sustain the title.

At any rate - I have a pretty good trust in Brandon Thomas, so I think this title will be pretty good!

2 Likes

I must have missed that in the solicits, because despite it being written by Brandon Thomas, I haven’t seen anything about Deep Target leading into Aquamen, be it solicits, or cover copy like Aqualad and Black Manta have.

Agreed. Aquamen #1 will be my first read next Tuesday, that’s for sure. I’m just happy to see an ongoing Aquabook back in the line again. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Hmm, I might be confusing something. I thought I saw “Road to Aquamen” on the covers at my shop. My bad! But it is still Brandon Thomas. Feels like it could have been a backup or something.

Well, I look forward to seeing what you think!

2 Likes

I hope Aquaman gets his hook back with the armor style, I’ve always like that look. I think that was a first time anybody took Aquaman very seriously in my opinion.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The current mini has been solid, but unspectacular. I’m spoiled now from years of top notch Aqua stories, hope this lives up to that.

1 Like

Which mini? All three?

2 Likes

The most recent focused mainly on Jackson

2 Likes

Speaking of, I will forever beat a drum for Sub Diego and the vast majority of that volume of Aquaman (2003-2006) because it was just FUN, especially the issues that had Alan Davis covers and Patrick Gleason interiors.

Splashing good time that volume of Aquaman was, just splashingly good! :00_aquaman_rebirth:

1 Like

And that run introduced the sadly absent Aquagirl, Lorena Marques! I miss her :frowning:

1 Like

One of my favorite female Aquaman characters! :hugs:

Maybe she’ll get reintroduced in Aquamen, somehow?

2 Likes

We can hope! Maybe we should bug Brandon Thomas on twitter about it :wink:

1 Like

I don’t use Twitter, but you’re welcome to do so, then report back, P/TY. :superman_hv_4:

2 Likes

Check this out, Aquafans! :point_down:t2: :00_aquaman:

1 Like

Well, instead I asked it in the Q&A here on the forums, and they said “stay tuned” :wink:

1 Like

Cool beans. Hope for the best! :crossed_fingers:t2:

Is all we can do! :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, anyone read #1, yet?

Its in my stack, but I’ve only flipped through it, so far.

I will say that seeing Black Manta as being someone that the Aquamen are going to work with looks interesting. Will he betray them, or be an actual ally?

2 Likes

I’m sure he’ll work w/ them as long as it’s beneficial to him. And as soon as they’re no longer useful to him, he’ll stab them in the back. He might offer Jackson 1 more chance to join him, but both he and Arthur have gotta keep their eyes open for the inevitable betrayal

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him turn.

However, I would be pleasantly surprised to see Manta put down his trident and, for once, do the right thing, even if he does go back to being Art’s numero uno baddy afterward.

1 Like

The ‘ocean’ (there are plenty of ‘em, btw) has HAD more than one hero—for six decades. Sadly, it’s DC Comics that doesn’t seem to know it. I read ‘Aquaman’ titles for over 50 years—for GARTH. (Remember Tempest, anyone? Not to mention Mera)? I have no idea where my favorite aqua-mage hero is now, since DC seems obsessed with pushing Jackson in all things…everywhere. Frankly, that kid is just not that interesting; neither was Kaldur, his morose cartoon version. After that mini-series and issue #1 of ‘Aquamen,’ I am about ready to just give up on Atlantis, which is really tough to say after all this time. Whenever you get back to writing about my favorite prince, his own kingdom and his awesome powers, give me a yell. Until then, I am seriously bored with Arthur weirdly grinning all the time and giving Jackson the kind of helicopter parenting pep-talks that make kids cringe.

#NoTempestNoPeace