Aquaman Watch Along, Fri Jan, 27th 6:00pm PST/9:00pm EST

The Atlantean marines remind me a bit of the Gondorian helmet dudes. But since they’re kinda badguys in this movie, I’m not as mad at how redshirted they are in this scene, as opposed to my intense irritation that the helmet dudes are so useless in RotK.

2 Likes

I like seeing Nicole in a more action role because she tends to do more character driven material.

2 Likes

This opening action scene really sold the movie to me when I saw it in the extended trailer!

2 Likes

Hope I don’t get in trouble for saying this, next month when the club submission open, I hope to start a Aquaman club, that’s one of the reasons why I’m hosting this watch along.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Holy guacamole! What an awesome scene.

1 Like

Aquaclub! Hooray! :slight_smile:

Also, I really love the music for this film. It doesn’t really stick in my head, but it’s perfect for the movie itself.

2 Likes

I’ll agree with that and thankyou.:grinning:

2 Likes

This guy is BAD NEWS

2 Likes

I like to know how they manage to get into a submarine?:thinking:

1 Like

Is this Black Manta in this film?

2 Likes

You got it!

2 Likes

You’ll have to watch.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

While she kicked ass as Atlanna, Ms. Kidman’s shining DC role for me will forever be Doctor Chase Meridian.

Chase: “Or do I need skin-tight vinyl and a leather whip?”

Me: “Well, you need an action figure, first and foremost. As for the other thing, count me in, milady.”

Enjoy the WAL, folks! :superman_hv_4:

3 Likes

wut, no! :wink:

3 Likes

Hey @Vroom I was actually thinking of you when I wrote that, and welcome!:smiley:

2 Likes

This is another awesome action scene! Honestly, I think the action in this film is really good.

3 Likes

That gotta hurt! Alot of great action scene.:grinning:

2 Likes

They also really played up showing him off. I mean come on they had him slo-mo through steam on purpose.

1 Like

What’s the point of hiring Jason Momoa if you don’t USE him? :slight_smile: He so cool!

2 Likes

Aquaman is one tough guy!

1 Like