Aquaman or Nolan's Batman?!?!?

Aquaman passes Nolan’s Batman in total earnings globally?!?!

Just shows viewers don’t know class.

Nolan’s films are masterpieces. Aquaman was nice but just not even in same league!!!

3 Likes

I agree the dark knight is a better movie

2 Likes

TDK Trilogy released around 10 years ago, the superhero scene wasn’t as big as it is today. Aquaman did kill it in the Asian box office because they typically enjoy more movies with alot of action (hence why Transformers movies kept being made because they cater towards the international box office). I personally think no DC movie will touch TDK in terms of quality.

At the end of the day, it’s just a box office number and people enjoy different kinds of movies regardless of how much “class” people have.

5 Likes

I kind of thought Aquaman was better. Can’t beat DKT’s Joker though. Joker was the best part about the trilogy. I thought Aquaman was awesome. But I thought the Dark Knight was a bit cringey at some points.

3 Likes

@abfgmsw

Interesting. For me great filmakers transcend genre or individual comics or even mediums (TV vs movie)

Nolan’s entire body of work is always in contention as among the best of his generation so I look at it as a body of work and break it down to classic filming elements. Film Noir, the very specific use of sound and video editing. Being able to delve into the psyche of characters. The use of silence. Method acting styles, if appropriate, etc.

Nolan is the a director’s director and it shows in the Trilogy.

In comparison Aquaman is a fun movie but break it down to it’s elements and it really doesn’t stack up.

But that is exactly why it did well in markets like Asia so I get it.

2 Likes

I get kinda passionate about the movie making process :grin:

1 Like

I love the dark knight movies but to be honest would probably rather rewatch aquaman

1 Like

Personally, I had no problem with Aquaman. It was a good superhero movie, but to me good is all it was. It wasn’t anything special. Nolan’s Dark Knight Trilogy, however, are some of the best super hero movies ever made, and easily the best Batman movies. TDK Trilogy was completely original, while Aquaman felt a lot like Thor’s day at the beach (not that that’s a bad thing). It’s my personal belief that Aquaman earned more than TDK movies as a side effect of Infinity War, as the masses are now hooked on superhero movies the way the never have been before. But that’s just my take.

6 Likes

Different type of characters and DC movies. Both have their own pros and cons

2 Likes

Aquaman is better than The Dark Knight

3 Likes

Chris Nolan is one of my favorite Directors but the last 5mins of DK Rises almost ruins the whole Trilogy, I mean come on a Character named Robin!?! That’s his legal name? Really? Come on man

6 Likes

I like them both because they offer different takes within the same genre. We need more of that moving forward or these CBM’s will go the way of the westerns.

5 Likes

EXACTLY @joelc.73.5776

We’ll put!

I loved Aquaman, but for my personal taste, I prefer any one of the “Dark Knight” movies from the trilogy. I will always gravitate to more grounded stories and characters, but also love to escape with a movie like Aquaman

2 Likes

@SirSturm

Dude, chill on the viewers lol these movies are separated by 10 years and very different. Comic book movies are bigger now than they were before and China has become a massive market in the past few years that easily allows Aquaman to surpass it

3 Likes

I like both but I’d rather watch aquaman

2 Likes

Well, technically speaking, Aquaman and Batman ARE in the same league…

The Justice League.

5 Likes

I think this has been said and several posts these two films are shot in two different styles the only similarity is there superhero movies you have one that’s an action film and one that’s a drama it’s like comparing apples and oranges in some ways it all depends on what your preference is

2 Likes

The Dark Knight trilogy is a cinematic masterpiece for both the Superhero and Action genre of film. Aquaman is merely a mediocre film that was better than all of the previous 5 or 6 films. It was just good timing for Aquaman for both china providing almost half of the box office numbers. Also the film was just at the right part of the year to be a big film while TDK Trilogy was starter for DC movies.

2 Likes

@abgfsm i agree with him, aquaman was solid and i enjoyed it but i mean nolan’s movies… what can i say about them that hasn’t been said truly fantastic three masterpieces, fantastic trilogy overall

3 Likes