Aquaman Box Office

Congratulations, to Aquaman joining the Billion dollar Club. Becomes the first DCEU movie to hit 1billion. Biggest accomplishment, so excited. This movie totally deserved it, best DCEU movie. Aquaman is a wonderful masterpiece created by James Wan. DCEU finally accomplished a big milestone, but all my gratitude goes to James Wan for directing and producing an Incredible movie

10 Likes

Congrats! Well deserved and am very proud of everyone involved!

2 Likes

YES!

1 Like

I weirdly really follow box office of movies I like. What’s opening weekend, what multiplier are we looking at, how does that compare to budget, North America versus global split, how’s the Chinese box office? In everyone one of these Aquaman does well. And our friends in the Middle Kingdom really like this movie too.

1 Like

I voted twice & 1st x was opening day. I hope Rotten Tomatoes has to stay with their 64% assessment, & it becomes one of the landmarks in movie making history. Just so they have to sit there & look stupid. Nothing would be more vindicating after year after year of dumping on live action DC movies.

2 Likes

“I hear you can talk to fish?”= batman…Damn Right I Do, Bats!! …You Go Aquaman​:sunglasses::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

1 Like

@djd187, yeah, according to critics, as good as Aquaman is, it’s still worse than even the lowest rated movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe… Does that seem fair to anyone??

2 Likes

Which critics actually said that? I mean I totally believe it but am just curious who actually quaoted that

XNam360

That’s insane, but sadly typical for DC films unfortunately. I know the Aquaman I saw was an absolute piece of art. Not sure what they were watching to vindicate that kind of statistic?

1 Like

@TX85 & djd187, I’m referring to the almighty Rotten Tomatoes rating, of course. Personally, I don’t like or trust those ratings at all, whether they are positive or negative, but any discussion of critics pretty much automatically revolves around those ratings. Aquaman is now at 64%, lower than all 20 MCU movies, and just a few percentage points short of being considered “rotten” by Rotten Tomatoes’ standards.

2 Likes

XNam360

I knew which one u meant just b/c I’d just left a thread that said that. I’m with u on not looking at reviews, but I saw that one on a thread about it approaching a billion $’s. If I know for sure I’m going to see a movie I don’t watch any trailers, I definitely don’t look at reviews, & all my friends know not to tell me their opinions if they see it b4 me. The 1st two are easy the 3rd takes good friends. The only time I look at reviews I do use rotten tomatoes & here’s how. If I’m thinking about watching a show or movie that I’ve never heard an opinion about & rotten tomatoes gives it a 50% I know it’s good. If it gives it an 80% I know it’s great. I just reverse their ratings to where if they rated a show even halfway decent it’s probably great. So “if” I would’ve seen Aquaman had a 64% b4 I saw it I would’ve known it was a masterpiece. The brain twister to me is how they rank Marvel movies so highly constantly. Not to upset anyone ,but it really is a matter of anyone can watch a Marvel movie & like it regardless of ever even seeing a comic. DC movies are made to follow the comics. Therefore, comic accurate portrayals are over the heads of guys in suits who are watching (or attempting to at least) movies that are filled with content meant for fans who understand & appreciate it. Aquaman, on the other hand, is a conundrum to me. Because how they watched “that” movie & said, yeah that’s a 64% movie, is so far off it smells suspicious.

2 Likes